Pirelli 2012 S.O.A.R Contingency

Thread: Pirelli 2012 S.O.A.R Contingency

Uber Racing and Orion Motorsports are pleased to announce our 2012 S.O.A.R contingency program:

Superbike 1'st 2'nd 3'rd

Expert $200 $125 $75

Novice $150 $100 $50

600 Extreme

Expert $200 $125 $75

Novice $150 $100 $50

Old Boys $150 $100 $50

Contingency requirements

1) Minimum starting grid of 8 riders for each class for contingency to be paid.
    2) Contingency paid out in Pirelli Bucks and are only valid for tires purchased from Uber Racing. Only for Finals.
    3) Pirelli tires must be used both Front and Rear
    4) Pirelli decals must be present and visible on both sides of Front fender, Side of faring / Swingarm. Pirelli patch on Front shoulder of leathers.
    5) Tires and results must be verified by Uber Racing.

Re: Pirelli 2012 S.O.A.R Contingency

Nothing for the girls?

Very cool to see a contingency program return. This will be season #4 that I am working with Mark @ Uber Racing. Great product, Service and Technical support.
    Pro # 175

Thanks to my Sponsors: Racer5, SpeedWorx, SpeedGear, Kawasaki Canada,
    Uber-Racing, Pirelli/ Orion Motorsports, Kahuna Powersports, Armour Bodies, WoodCraft, MotoVan, Vortex, TechSpec, Sidi & PitBull

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KR1 View Post
    Very cool to see a contingency program return. This will be season #4 that I am working with Mark @ Uber Racing. Great product, Service and Technical support.
    +1. Kudos to Mark and Pirelli.
    2011 R.A.C.E. Middleweight Twins Champion
    www.bulletmotoracing.com
    Thanks to: Motovan, Durham Top Quality Collision, Hindle exhausts, OGK Kabuto Helmets, Vortex Racing, Impact Safe-T-Armor, Suzuki of Newmarket and Orion Motorsports

Quote Originally Posted by Pitbich View Post
    Nothing for the girls?
    or lost era

or Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by kellen View Post
    or lost era
    2007 GSXR 600
    1997 RS125R
    2000 KX80
    Thanks to Pannon Moto Sports, Velocity Sports gear,
    Special thanx goes out to Wally Racing Services for your support!

Quote Originally Posted by uber racing View Post
    4) Pirelli decals must be present and visible on both sides of Front fender, Side of faring / Swingarm. Pirelli patch on Front shoulder of leathers.
    When you say Side Fairing does that include the Lower Fairing? Also, is it the Side Faring and Swingarm or either one? Thanks!

It is normally either side fairing or swing arm. Most put the decals on the lower fairing/belly pan
    Pro # 175

Uber-Racing, Pirelli/ Orion Motorsports, Kahuna Powersports, Armour Bodies, WoodCraft, MotoVan, Vortex, TechSpec, Sidi & PitBull

Quote Originally Posted by OMMRA View Post
    or Rookie
    Rookie, haven't you guys done a bunch of GP weekends?
    Pro # 175

It is normally either side fairing or swing arm. Most put the decals on the lower fairing/belly pan
    As long as it's clearly visbile from the side of the bike it should be fine. All tire vendors pretty much have the same requirements, mine are on the belly pan.

Guys just so you know Mark had a large fire at his house a couple days ago and may not be available to answer questions here for a little while. Be patient.

Quote Originally Posted by kneedragger88 View Post
    Guys just so you know Mark had a large fire at his house a couple days ago and may not be available to answer questions here for a little while. Be patient.
    Oh no! Sorry to hear! Hoping no one hurt...no pets hurt and things turn out the best they possibly can be in this unfortunate circumstance.

Rookie, haven't you guys done a bunch of GP weekends?
    What are the rules to go into Rookie?? I have never raced anywhere but are the rules that if you have raced at soar u cant enter or raced anywhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Snipes20 View Post
    What are the rules to go into Rookie?? I have never raced anywhere but are the rules that if you have raced at soar u cant enter or raced anywhere?
    If you have done more than 6 race weekends (not just with SOAR but with anyone, WERA, RACE, CCS, etc) you are not eligible to run rookie.

Quote Originally Posted by Pitbich View Post
    Oh no! Sorry to hear! Hoping no one hurt...no pets hurt and things turn out the best they possibly can be in this unfortunate circumstance.
    I saw Mark last night. He and his family are all OK and they do not have pets. The house will take some time to rebuild. He will be at Grand Bend this weekend to support and service Pirelli riders.
    Pro # 175

Quote Originally Posted by caboose483 View Post
    If you have done more than 6 race weekends (not just with SOAR but with anyone, WERA, RACE, CCS, etc) you are not eligible to run rookie.
    How does SOAR know. Is it a honor system thing? is there a chance I could be racing against people that have race experience and just arent saying? What comes with experience? just speed or is there more u learn as you get more races under your belt? Maybe I should start a new thread for this

Quote Originally Posted by Snipes20 View Post
    How does SOAR know. Is it a honor system thing? is there a chance I could be racing against people that have race experience and just arent saying? What comes with experience? just speed or is there more u learn as you get more races under your belt? Maybe I should start a new thread for this
    According to Ken it's more based on experience than speed. Yes it's just an honour system thing. Riders have been protested and DQd before. You can sign up for pretty much any class you want and unless you get protested the results will stand. I could try to run lost era.. I'd only get DQ'd if someone protested.

Yup exactly what Caboose said. We dont backcheck every rider but your competitors will if you are beating them. Basically we take you at your word however if a protest is filed and its proven otherwise you will get dqd and lose your points. No blood no foul. If others in the race dont care then niether do we.