Having M2 exit next week - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Having M2 exit next week

Re: Having M2 exit next week

Quote Originally Posted by kamikaze View Post
    i don't think it's completely irrelevant. if you know the route, you can become familiar with it. being familiar with the route is one less thing to have to worry about, imo.
    If you're too familiar you could become lazy and complacent, since you know where everything is, you may not do as many shoulder checks, for example.

That's not what I said at all. You studied for tests in high school and college, why shouldn't this be treated in a similar fashion? After all, it is a test. What I said was it can't hurt to know the route.
    Tests are supposed to test your knowledge of a topic or subject, not test your ability to answer or perform on specified questions or tasks. As per Mikbusa, if you can ride everywhere, you can ride the route. If you only prepare for the test and how to ride for the test, then re-evaluate your ability to ride when you're not being tested.
    It's the Least I Could Do

This motorcycle is simply too goddamn fast to ride at speed in any kind of normal road traffic unless you're ready to go straight down the centerline with your nuts on fire and a silent scream in your throat.

That's not what I said at all. You studied for tests in high school and college, why shouldn't this be treated in a similar fashion? After all, it is a test. What I said was it can't hurt to know the route.
    And how much do you remember about what you learned in high school? Skills and memory are two very different things.

-int15
    -int15

Current ride: 2011 FZ6R
    First Ride: 2005 GS500F

again, not what I said at all. see above.
    Wasn't talking to you. Was in reply to OP, and I still stand by my opinion that knowing the route shouldn't matter one iota. I knew the area where I was tested, but didn't know the details, and it wouldn't have made a bit of difference. We have to be able to apply our knowledge to whatever situation arises, on the test, daily riding, whenever.

Ok bitches knock it off! lmao.
    Taking my M2X tomorrow at Aurora and not one of you have told me the route - bitches.
    I have been riding in UK for 20 years accident free - but taking the test again with all the bad habits thrown in makes me a tad nervous. I think its more because I don't want to look like a complete tosser after riding all these years.
    I have always ridden sports bike style bikes but now bought a Triumph R3 classic with a sit up n beg riding position. Bleedin ell what a difference the riding position makes when turning sharp corners. I wouldn't mind but the previous owner was a big bloater and changed the bars to wide ones which makes it even worse for a short arsed Limey like me.
    Still, a roads a road n a turns a turn. I know I will get some points knocked off but I hope I get through - will let you know tomorrow.

I have my on the 8th as well. Good luck, I may see you up there
    "Be good or be good at it"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2011 Triumph Daytona 675SE - Current
    2005 Suzuki SV650S - 20,000km - SOLD
    2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - 8,000km - SOLD

I should also ask, is it acceptable to weave aggressively to dodge pot holes and such? Or is there a chance they may consider this a sharp or aggressive action as per the exam sheet?
    "Be good or be good at it"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2011 Triumph Daytona 675SE - Current
    2005 Suzuki SV650S - 20,000km - SOLD
    2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - 8,000km - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by Cha0s00100 View Post
    I should also ask, is it acceptable to weave aggressively to dodge pot holes and such? Or is there a chance they may consider this a sharp or aggressive action as per the exam sheet?
    Make it smooth and have control of the bike, avoiding obstacles, etc, they shouldn't ding you.
    Best to ask the examiner this question BEFORE the test, so you know what his/her interpretation of it is. Each examiner is slightly different, some ride as well so they understand and there are some that don't even ride that do evaluate you
    It's the Least I Could Do

This motorcycle is simply too goddamn fast to ride at speed in any kind of normal road traffic unless you're ready to go straight down the centerline with your nuts on fire and a silent scream in your throat.

Passed my M2 exit, phew. Stressed me out for no reason really. Answer to the question above, YES you must move out of track to avoid obstacles. Move out of track and then back to track when safe - he will ding you if you don't. The instructor told me this, if I can remember;
    Watch the speed limits - Aurora changes a lot of times.
    Avoid obstacles and when safe, move back to track.
    Overexagerate moving your head for blind spots.
    Its okay to put both feet on the ground at traffic lights as long as he sees a brake light on.
    When getting on the highway, if you have to accelerate hard to 110/120km to merge safely, then do it and then bring your speed back to 100km.
    Thats about all I could remeber but its basically common sense and all about riding safe.
    Good luck Cha0s00100 for tomorrow. ps you will still be riding if its pissing it down - this I know.

Just want to say that nfq is right. You should ask any questions before you leave the centre. The instructor I had was Jim who does ride bikes and was perfectly open to any questions.

do they expect you to use hand signals at all?? don't see any comments here about that.
    eat - sleep - work - RIDE ...

www.owenseyepiece.blogspot.com

No. They only expect hand signals if your bike does not have any signals installed.

did you pass?
    David L.
    2012 Ducati Streetfighter 848
    1995 Honda CBR900RR (SOLD)
    2008 Suzuki GSX-R600 (SOLD)
    2009 Yamaha FZ6R (SOLD)