Quote Originally Posted by Holmes View Post
There is something seriously wrong with that corner
I agree. There is a patch of apparently fresh asphalt that they all skid right after. Someone should send this video to whoever is in charge of road maintenance there. A copy to the police and a few insurance companies wouldn't hurt either.

Quote Originally Posted by dr_sarcasm View Post
Serious question, as it's never happened to me nor anyone I know who rides - how does the butt end come out like that?
I don't know anyone who didn't loose their back end at some point, from various reasons and with various consequences. I wonder how (long) do you ride and who do you socialize with...

The slides we've seen here are the result of the loss of traction on the rear wheel (duh). You can loose traction on the rear wheel for many reasons, from braking too hard to being too abrupt with the throttle to hitting a rough/slippery patch to leaning too hard to the combination of the above. In this case I'd say it was a slippery section of the pavement. None of these guys appeared to be going very fast, leaning extremely or being on the throttle/brakes before the skids happened. The fact that almost all happened at the same spot indicates an environmental factor, namely poor road maintenance or engineering.