Most invaluable Training Courses

Thread: Most invaluable Training Courses

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Most invaluable Training Courses

I have been riding a couple of years now and I am absolutely obsessed with learning as much as I can and bettering myself as a rider. I am constantly reading anything I can and practicing however the only course I have taken was the Humber College Learn to Ride a Motorcycle (M1 to M2). This was a pretty standard/basic program, yet I REALLY enjoyed it and got a lot out of it back when first learning.

What courses are most highly praised in the GTA for someone in my position. I am extremely comfortable and I would say I definitely posses greater skill than the average rider with similar limited experience. I was looking at some of the other Humber courses such as the Pro-Rider Motorcycle Course and the alike. I also have read about track schools however my main concern is to take a course that will help me develop into an even more balanced rider and hopefully help keep me alive out there. A track school would be a blast however learning to navigate a sweeper curve at 150km/h I feel may not be the next best logical step in my progression.

What is everyone's feel or opinion for my next step for both myself and others in my position?

Re: Most invaluable Training Courses

http://racer5.ca/

If you want actual street riding skills. Total Control (Lee Parks)
    http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ing-to-Ontario
    Mark H.
    06 ZX-14

http://www.motoparkracing.com/motocrosscamp.html

Turn you into a much better all around rider.
    Found a free wifi spot on the popular motorcycle routes local or touring? Add to the list> here

http://www.cmts.org/

Same idea as MacDoc's suggestion, but a different school. They have a huge selection of bikes to learn on.
    White 2008 CBR125R - Sold
    Special Edition 2009 Ninja 250
    2001 KLR-650

http://www.trailtour.com/

Learning on dirt will improve your street skills as well.

Traffic, we don't need no stinkin' traffic!

Quote Originally Posted by Silvch View Post
    I have been riding a couple of years now and I am absolutely obsessed with learning as much as I can and bettering myself as a rider. I am constantly reading anything I can and practicing however the only course I have taken was the Humber College Learn to Ride a Motorcycle (M1 to M2). This was a pretty standard/basic program, yet I REALLY enjoyed it and got a lot out of it back when first learning.

What courses are most highly praised in the GTA for someone in my position. I am extremely comfortable and I would say I definitely posses greater skill than the average rider with similar limited experience. I was looking at some of the other Humber courses such as the Pro-Rider Motorcycle Course and the alike. I also have read about track schools however my main concern is to take a course that will help me develop into an even more balanced rider and hopefully help keep me alive out there. A track school would be a blast however learning to navigate a sweeper curve at 150km/h I feel may not be the next best logical step in my progression.

What is everyone's feel or opinion for my next step for both myself and others in my position?
    Go ahead and take the Pro-Rider course with Pedro at Humber.
    I took it for 5 years as a warmup for the start of the season.
    Something new was learned each time.
    Ignorance is curable, Apathy not so much, but I don't care, I'll try anyway.

Has anyone here taken a Lee Parks class? I'm registered for June but have have little feedback on what to expect. Either way I'm looking forward to sharpening my skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Carvin View Post
    Has anyone here taken a Lee Parks class? I'm registered for June but have have little feedback on what to expect. Either way I'm looking forward to sharpening my skills.
    I'm going in June too.

Here's a pretty good review.

And this is another.
    www.shanekingsley.com - House (and jungle) Music All Night Long

The Big Map of Ontario's Best Roads.

A track course will make you a better street rider as it will increase your confidence and riding skill.
    Not all corners on a track are 150 kmph sweepers. You won't be doing anything like that on FAST phase 1...at least, I don't think you will :P
    ~=Big Daddy of the Dope Dragons MC=~

'05 Blue&Silver Hayabusa

Traffic, we don't need no stinkin' traffic!

Quote Originally Posted by BusaBob View Post
    A track course will make you a better street rider as it will increase your confidence and riding skill... :P
    How exactly?
    Ignorance is curable, Apathy not so much, but I don't care, I'll try anyway.

Thanks for the info. Bike on dirt seems fun.
    * seize today as tomorrow may not come *