new bike new problems - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: new bike new problems

Re: new bike new problems

Quote Originally Posted by RockerGuy View Post
    Are there mechanical modifications you have to do for it to work?
    From reading the subrau STi forums, nope. They up their boost and run a 50/50 mix of Shell 91 and Toluene. They don't recommend you let it sit in your tank for a long period of time, but other than that, peeps say it works sweet and smells good too.

When I flash my GF's ECU in her bike I'll add some ignition timing and see how it does

-Jamie M.
    Scarborough group ride 4.0! Every Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at KC!!! Facebook group!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItIsWhatItIs View Post
    In any case what difference does it make where you reduce the amount of teeth in a sprocket, front or rear? The effect will be the same. Most change the front sprocket because it's easier to source that sprocket. It's apparent, sprockets are not your strong suit.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Dress for the crash, not for the ride...

Quote Originally Posted by toysareforboys View Post
    From reading the subrau STi forums, nope. They up their boost and run a 50/50 mix of Shell 91 and Toluene. They don't recommend you let it sit in your tank for a long period of time, but other than that, peeps say it works sweet and smells good too.

When I flash my GF's ECU in her bike I'll add some ignition timing and see how it does

-Jamie M.
    Post vid or a thread on that, I'm interested.
    The sweet smell is the characteristic of those compounds, not healthy for u tho
    Resident Loudmouth

Post vid or a thread on that, I'm interested.
    The sweet smell is the characteristic of those compounds, not healthy for u tho
    Yes... I read it's very very bad for you. A few sniffs and your sperm are dead!

Most of the STi guys are buying it by the gallon from Sherwin Williams. Their website is busted at the moment, but I'ma pay them a visit tomorrow and see what the deal is http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&pws...g&ved=0CAUQyBM

-Jamie M.
    Scarborough group ride 4.0! Every Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at KC!!! Facebook group!!
    In any case what difference does it make where you reduce the amount of teeth in a sprocket, front or rear? The effect will be the same. Most change the front sprocket because it's easier to source that sprocket. It's apparent, sprockets are not your strong suit.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Quote Originally Posted by toysareforboys View Post
    Yes... I read it's very very bad for you. A few sniffs and your sperm are dead!

Most of the STi guys are buying it by the gallon from Sherwin Williams. Their website is busted at the moment, but I'ma pay them a visit tomorrow and see what the deal is http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&pws...g&ved=0CAUQyBM

-Jamie M.
    I generally don't like messing around with things who's molecules look like this:

But please post progress of that project
    Resident Loudmouth

Quote Originally Posted by SLaP View Post
    When you got the bike last year did you ride it at all or did you just store it? If you rode it, how was it then?

Although it appears you do have issues with the carbs. I wouldn't start there. The maintenance history of the bike appears to be unknown therefore I would first check the valves and ignition timing.

First check / adjust valves and Check ignition timing

If all is good there then focus on the carbs

Read the Troubleshooting Section (Section 20) - Poor Performance at Low and Idle Speeds
    http://dc384.4shared.com/download/_Y...94_Service.pdf

Valves with incorrect clearance can cause the symptoms you are seeing.
    Also, syncing the carbs when the valves are out of spec is a waste of time.

If you are not mechanically inclined bring the bike to a mechanic or someone who is. Cost will mostly be labour if there are no major issues, and will vary between shops. ** Make sure to get a quote **

Valve clearance in the manual (link above) is on page 3-5

Valve Adjustment Guide- CBR 600 F2/F3

http://cbrforum.com/forum/stickies-9...-guide-101969/

thanks!!! lol i think ill have a mechanic take a look at it...unless toysareforboys wants to spare some time..

Quote Originally Posted by biker122 View Post
    thanks!!! lol i think ill have a mechanic take a look at it...unless toysareforboys wants to spare some time..
    I don't touch nothin with carbs, not even with a 10ft pole

-Jamie M.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

lol ^

i like my sperm count just where it is, thanks and why would you want your girl friend's bike to do warp 9 ? life insurance maxed out?

Quote Originally Posted by Stewart View Post
    i like my sperm count just where it is, thanks and why would you want your girl friend's bike to do warp 9 ? life insurance maxed out?
    She likes to go fast Shoulda seen the smile on her face when she came back from the first ride with the flashed ECU. Her first question... "How much is a steering damper?" LOL!

That's my girl

-Jamie M.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Stewart View Post
    She don't have to worry about a sperm count
    Resident Loudmouth

She don't have to worry about a sperm count
    how do you know, is jamie shooting blanks?

Toluene is easy cheap and effective. I used to run it in my car when I drag raced it...25 psi of boost thru the stock intercooler with no pinging. Worked good.
    SOAR NOVICE#22
    www.bluestreakracing.ca
    http://www.platinum-powersports.com/indexx.php
    Honda Fireblade
    KTM 950 SM
    YZF 600R
    R6
    ---UNLIKE BASEBALL, FOOTBALL,BASKETBALL & GOLF, MOTORCYCLING REQUIRES 2 BALLS!---
    ---NEVER TRADE THE THRILLS OF LIVING FOR THE SECURITY OF EXISTENCE---
    ---"You can’t afford not to go. We are enmeshed in the cancerous discipline of security. Before we know it our lives are gone. Which shall it be: bankruptcy of purse or of life?" ---