any queensize mattress recommendations

Thread: any queensize mattress recommendations

any queensize mattress recommendations

i guess a mattress with the biggest bang for the buck. Are the mattresses that are sold in sears any good? Buying a mattress is tough as buying a new helmet. help me out guys. I would like to spend around $800-$1000 somewhere in the Greater Toronto Area. Free delivery and pickup of our old mattress would be a nice bonus.

thanks for you help in advance!

Re: any queensize mattress recommendations

Check out the Kingsdown brand. My mom got one, seems like one of the plushest things I've ever seen for less then a few grand. Sleep Country and Sears sell them I think, the Brick might too.

And please nothing about me and my mom's bed!

Spend 600 for a Costco one, you won't be disappointed. Mattresses have ridiculous mark ups on them, I read an article about them once, there's a reason why there's so many mattress stores.

i feel your pain. I helped my mom shop for a mattress last fall and my head was spinning from all the stupid lingo and catchy names.

The best part is that not even the sales guys at The Brick or Leons had any idea about the prouducts... "so whats the difference between this one and that one over there?". Numb nuts walks over and reads the brochure, walks back and reads the other brochure and goes to tell me the differences... REALLY!? what, i cant read?!

The Brick had some whacked out ones....titanium springs....i asked the sales guy what exactly is the reason for titanium springs. "oh it makes the mattress lighter..." Right, because power to weight ratio of a mattress is very important.

In the end you gotta lie down on one and see if you like it. Leons has mattresses on blowout around this time. Last year i bought an $800 Queen for $275 brand new on their blowout.
    http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=18800&dateline=121895  0439
    99 Honda VTR1000F Firestorm

Try Simply Elegant at Eglinton Shopping Centre (I think they have another location in Scarborough?). Got my Sealy Posturepedic queen for around $500-600. Comfortable, no complaints. Nice ppl, too!

No matter what brand you get, go ahead and get a queen sized memory foam from costco for it. Best $150 i ever spent!!!!!

if you have the time to read:

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/kings...ountry-573270/

this is NOT a recommendation for that particular mattress, just as a way of letting you know what you're getting into. buying a sleep platform is a freakin' quagmire.

for that price range, i personally would go with a memory foam mattress from costco. i've had one since january now, and am super happy with it. however, big caveat, some people hate them. they also will not take the old mattress away, and if you don't like it, you can return it, but you'll have to do that yourself.

everyone sleeps, just most people don't bother looking into what they are plonking down hundreds or thousands of $ for. . .a lot of people think in terms of name brands and that more $ means better sleep, but it's not always the case.

go for the Vividus mattress.

It will be the best $90,000 you ever spent!

http://www.chicagoluxurybeds.com/pages/vividus/36.php
    Last edited by SunnY S; 04-22-2012 at 09:06 AM.

I just bought the king version of this Springwall for 999 including tax the queen is only 599 and includes tax. made in Canada as well. Seems like a great deal and is comfy.

The three "S's" are all pretty good. Sealy, Simmons and Serta. Kingsdown is manufactured here in Ontario and I happen to have a set from Kingsdown. Good quality, good price and very happy. I believe Kingsdown might be right in Toronto at the 400 and 401? I could be mistaken.

In any event, beds are like bikes. What's good for one person isn't always the best for another. Where ever you go, ask about there return policy. Most have them but, they do vary. You might like it in the the store and after a week, want to return or exchange it for something else.

Most big stores have their own specific "models" if you will so, you can't price compare. The Brick with have their Sealy 2000 but, Leon's has Sealy 2200. Same bed, different pattern stitch on the top or different color material, same internals, contruction etc. Price differences can vary depending on volumes sold.

Sleep Country has good prices on bedding. But, they kill you with everything else so be careful there.

Finding good quality, knowledgable staff in retail is always a challenge but, I do know a few I can recommend at Leon's if you tell me which store you want go to.

I don't work for Leon's. But they are my customer and I know most of the staff at all their stores across Canada. PM me if you want more details.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuma View Post
    No matter what brand you get, go ahead and get a queen sized memory foam from costco for it. Best $150 i ever spent!!!!!
    +1!

I have a Queen size Sultan Hultsvik memory foam, pillow top mattress from IKEA. I paid 600 for the mattress and box spring. Its been two years and I'm still blown away with how comfortable this thing is. Great value, definitely worth a look.

I have a queen size "Spring Air" Back Supporter, and the Costco memory foam mattress topper. It can be a challenge to get sheets to fit but man is it comfy!

Quote Originally Posted by Princess's Man View Post
    Try Simply Elegant at Eglinton Shopping Centre (I think they have another location in Scarborough?). Got my Sealy Posturepedic queen for around $500-600. Comfortable, no complaints. Nice ppl, too!
    The Costco one is a Sealy posturepedic mattress too. Occasionally you'll find it on sale for maybe $100 off too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuma View Post
    +1 I use one of these as well and they make a huge difference! Works especially well on firm mattresses, not so sure about the ones with plush toppers built in. It does get a bit hot in the summer though as if it's trapping your body heat.

I bought

$175 OFF Pure Comfort™ Grand Queen Mattress - Item# 177081

from Costco off course. It was memory foam, and it's nice and firm. I can't remember the price and can't find it now. Twin is avail at

http://www.costco.ca/Browse/Productg...=1&topnav=&s=1

Maybe you can go from there..
    * It's about safety, stupid.

thanks for your advices! I decided to go with the stearns and foster luxury king size sold at simply elegant ($1099)! Is this a good choice? I hope so because Its like a helmet, once i use it I can't return it! The prices at leons and sleep country were double to triple for comparable features...so to hell with them!
    Last edited by pcsourced; 04-25-2012 at 08:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pcsourced View Post
    thanks for your advices! I decided to go with the stearns and foster luxury king size sold at simply elegant ($1099)! Is this a good choice? I hope so because Its like a helmet, once i use it I can't return it! The prices at leons and sleep country were double to triple for comparable features...so to hell with them!
    If the bedroom is big enough, you can't beat a king-size - love mine.
    Better to regret something you have done than something you haven't.