Declined to attend the riding training course (missing M1)

Thread: Declined to attend the riding training course (missing M1)

Declined to attend the riding training course (missing M1)

I call on Tuesday to book my M1 exit course, expecting to hear that first available time is sometime in late May.
    However, since someone canceled, there was available spot this weekend. Theory class was on the same day I called.
    Since I didn't even know I'd be attending the class, and I was calling from work, I didn't bring my M1.
    Not a problem- I've been said- as long as I bring it on Saturday before we start riding.
    So I take friday off to prepare everything for the weekend of riding on the rain and cold (buy proper riding boots, rain gear, and etc).

Of course, checking where my M1 is- is the last thing I do- I stupidly assume it's with the rest of my documentation (insurance slip, ownership) in my motorcycle jacket.
    Well, Friday night comes and I go look for it- not there!

This morning I show up for the class with the yellow paper from the MTO that says I've passed the M1 test, but instructors didn't accept it ( I also had my G license, and a photocopy of the m1 but that didn't matter either)
    I dont blame them- it's totally my fault

I've been riding without a license for the past few weeks, it seems.
    I'm embarrassed, and I'm angry at myself.

Where is my m1? it's a mystery.
    In my defense though, I've been dealing with a lot of papers and documents lately- in 2 weeks time i got an M1, bought a bike, got a loan, and insurance. Lot of paperwork.

Sorry for the rant. It meant to make me feel better.

Re: Declined to attend the riding training course (missing M1)

Dont worry bud, we have all had our days. Experience is the best teacher as they say, hopefully things will change for the better.

thanks man, I definitely learned my lesson..

Quote Originally Posted by Freak View Post
    Dont worry bud, we have all had our days. Experience is the best teacher as they say, hopefully things will change for the better.

odly enough I had a girl in my course in bowmanville and only had the yellow paper, they let her go through.
    Bike: 1994 Kawasaki Ninja 250
    Cage: 2002 Supercharged SVT Focus

Ahhh.. bad luck. So what happens next? Did they rebook you?

I have a similar story..
    I had about a month and a half between the time I bought my bike, and the time I took my course.. so I did quite a bit of riding in that window. About half an hour before I left for the theory portion of the course, I pulled out my papers to make sure I'd bring my M1, turns out I'd been riding with a GST/HST credit cheque from the Government in place of my M1 (I have no idea how I made that mix-up). I had to absolutely turn my apartment upside down in a frantic hurry to try to find it.. turns out it was crumpled at the bottom of my knapsack.

I lost my M1 slip during my M1 exit with the MTO. I passed the test, went back inside to get my license and couldn't produce my M1 for the lady behind the counter. It was fine though.
    Embarrassing!

hahahah that's a funny story tricky!
    I have to call them on Monday with my M1 and rebook. I hope it doesn't cost a lot of money.
    I just got back from the MTO- funny story too.
    Apparently, in 10 years (how long the info clerk worked there) nobody has lost their M1. She kept on telling me they can't reprint it, and that I can't rewrite it because it's still valid.
    She also said that the yellow papers were fine for the road test.
    After I insisted on having it reprinted, and after she went back to speak with a supervisor couple of times- she finally reprints it- there, at the info desk.

So, I'm back with a valid riding license again.

What a drag!

Road tests are stressful- it's totally understandable!!
    You were probably okay without the slip because they can access your info through their system.
    I'm guessing that fact comes into play only when the test is done through the private riding school..

Quote Originally Posted by llaen View Post
    I lost my M1 slip during my M1 exit with the MTO. I passed the test, went back inside to get my license and couldn't produce my M1 for the lady behind the counter. It was fine though.
    Embarrassing!

Quote Originally Posted by tricky View Post
    ... turns out I'd been riding with a GST/HST credit cheque from the Government in place of my M1...
    Lolll...

Quote Originally Posted by bikermahn View Post
    odly enough I had a girl in my course in bowmanville and only had the yellow paper, they let her go through.
    I dont know the dynamics if the MTO says we can and cannot accept that as I am not a senior instructor. BUT I will tell you that it comes down to the discreton of the senior as it is their signing authority on the line. So if its a questionable option then they might have opted to not risk it. Last thing you need is MTO to do one of their drop ins and the senior loses his card. Then noone gets their M2 that weekend.
    Caught between the good girl, bad girl thing

Support my fight to end cancer in our lifetime - UPDATED 2012
    http://www.conquercancer.ca/goto/BikerCat13

04' VStar 1100
    '08 Suzuki Boulevard S40
    '74 CB360T

Instructor www.learningcurves.ca/