Helmet Fog

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Helmet Fog

Thumbs down Helmet Fog

I feel like I've tried almost everything there is and I still can't seem to prevent the fog from getting on the inside of my visor. Sprays don't work and I'm not interested in spending $100 for the pinlock shiled for my helmet (shoei).

Just wondering if there is another / more economical option out there that works?

Thanks in advance

Re: Helmet Fog

Quote Originally Posted by mjack View Post
    I feel like I've tried almost everything there is and I still can't seem to prevent the fog from getting on the inside of my visor. Sprays don't work and I'm not interested in spending $100 for the pinlock shiled for my helmet (shoei).

Just wondering if there is another / more economical option out there that works?

Thanks in advance
    Scorpion EXO 1000 is my cold weather/fog helmet. Shoei helmets are absolute crap for cold weather riding because of their shields fogging up like like tomorrow.

Before you go out,wipe a dime sized blob of shave cream on the inside.Smooth it over the surface and wipe clean with a paper towel.No more fog,really!
    "If ya want me,I'll be in the bar"
    Ric Waterloo

1800 Goldwing
    2009 1100S Hypermotard (for sale)
    944 Ducati track the "Blueberry Muffin"

For me, cracking the visor up just a tiny bit to help air and temperature circulation seems to do the trick. As does having the vents open.

Good luck finding something that works. Some helmets come with no fog shields such as Shark, they really do work.
    It's understanding that makes it possible for a person such as myself to tolerate a person like you.

I use a Respro Foggy in every helmet I've had in the last 5 years. I think I have a pic on FB.. Anyhow, it's a breath guard that works better than any other that I've used. I leave it in all the time, no fog ever. Taking your helmet off is a little strange. You need to pull the Foggy away from your face with two fingers before you lift it off. It felt a little odd at first, and you may have to adjust it to keep it far enough away from your eyes, but now that I have it set properly I don't even notice it anymore.

Any local bike shop can get them, or may have them in stock.

Pic:

Quote Originally Posted by mjack View Post

Thanks in advance
    I have the Shoei Pinlock shield and it was well worth the 100$. My shield used to fog on my morning commute and I had to always crack the visor open but now it works absolutely perfectly with the pinlock shield.

Quote Originally Posted by 油井緋色 View Post
    Scorpion EXO 1000 is my cold weather/fog helmet. Shoei helmets are absolute crap for cold weather riding because of their shields fogging up like like tomorrow.
    I have the 1000 and it fogs like crazy also... Maybe the anti-fog stuff they put has expired/worn off over time. -_-

These work quite well also.Most shops have them.
    "If ya want me,I'll be in the bar"
    Ric Waterloo

1800 Goldwing
    2009 1100S Hypermotard (for sale)
    944 Ducati track the "Blueberry Muffin"

Quote Originally Posted by Jag_V4Ape View Post
    I have the 1000 and it fogs like crazy also... Maybe the anti-fog stuff they put has expired/worn off over time. -_-
    Really? =/

Mine still works fine...I know it comes w/ some anti fog coat on it, we need to figure out wtf it is because it was good up till 0 or below. For 0 and below it only fogged up at red lights and stop signs so I just popped open my visor completely on red lights/stop signs.

My Shoei just fogs below 10 or if it's humid below 15ish and there's nothing I can do to stop it besides pointing my head a certain way so my breath gets smacked out of the helmet via wind.

I had Shoei RF1000 (my spare now) and my current is RF1100 - yes, fog can be a problem at stoplight when it is below 10 and humid (just lift the visor).
    But as soon as I am moving - no fog.
    May be you are riding a bit slow?

Quote Originally Posted by mongol777 View Post
    I had Shoei RF1000 (my spare now) and my current is RF1100 - yes, fog can be a problem at stoplight when it is below 10 and humid (just lift the visor).
    But as soon as I am moving - no fog.
    May be you are riding a bit slow?
    Anything that isn't a hwy the speed limit is 80.
    Everything that is a highway, there is no speed limit.

<____<

Quote Originally Posted by Jag_V4Ape View Post
    If you use any ammonia based cleaner to wipe the visor it will remove the anti fog coating.

Quote Originally Posted by Tango5 View Post
    If you use any ammonia based cleaner to wipe the visor it will remove the anti fog coating.
    I have used glasses cleaners and some cleaners here and there.. I guess I must have removed it after all lol, oh well.

My shoei rf1100 fogs like crazy, I don't think there is anything realistically you can spray on to stop it from fogging. When your at a stop just crack the visor a bit. When your moving open the front air dam full. I also use my scorpion exo for colder temps.

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk

Purchased the pinlock shield and inserts for my Arai Vector 2.

Better, but not perfect.

If all else fails, spit on the inside of your visor and wipe if off.

It's not just the visor, I wear glasses and those fog up at times. Only good solution (other than the mouth/nose mask) is opening the visor.

Quote Originally Posted by EngineerJoe View Post
    It's not just the visor, I wear glasses and those fog up at times. Only good solution (other than the mouth/nose mask) is opening the visor.
    Spit on the inside of your glasses and wipe them off.

Double paned face shield. Usually used for snowmobiling helmets but they should fit your bike helmet if it's the same brand. Got mine + a breath guard (like the one caboose posted) for $25. Works amazing even without the breath guard.