Get a laugh at this quote - - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Get a laugh at this quote -

Re: Get a laugh at this quote -

it's better to just get a non-SS bikes, which are SS-esque from JEVCO whilst under 25

Quote Originally Posted by 油井緋色 View Post
    Alright. You are right, Statefarm wanted to charge me 3000~ with a completely clean record last year for my GS500F and told me it would cost a lot less when I am 25.

I suppose it would only be a BIT more expensive (4kish?) if I had a 600CC?
    If you are riding a GS500F, then you can probably get insurance a lot cheaper with another company instead of State Farm. State Farm might be cheapest on the GS500F in the first year if you have prior car insurance experience, but after the first year a company like Jevco will probably beat them.

I'm not sure what the jump in premium is for a 500CC vs a 600CC with State Farm. If someone does a quote on both bikes, I'd be interested to know the difference.
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Current: 2001 Suzuki GSXR1000 (4th Season)
    Previous: 1996 Honda VFR750F (4 Seasons)
    Previous: 1998 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (3 Seasons)

Quote Originally Posted by VifferFun View Post
    It baffles my mind that people will buy a vehicle before getting insurance quotes.
    I had gotten a quote from statefarm for 2200 a year for an '05 GS500F.
    So I bought the bike, done all the paperwork, got insurance. A week later they call me, telling me they have to cancel my insurance because their agent messed up and shouldn't of insured me in the first place. The agent I went to didn't know you need to have a license for 5 years to have your own plan. Luckily, it was the month of November so I got most of my money back because of how their premiums work (you pay ~8% each month, but each month you use up a different % of your premium (more in riding season: less in off season) so when you cancel you either owe money, are owed money, or even. Its to stop people from getting insurance for riding seasons then canceling, they'd end up oweing money.)

So then I was out insurance. TD quoted me for ~3700 for the first year (keep in mind im 19 and this is my first vehicle ever insured/in my name) and told me I need to take the safety course. No other insurance company would give me insurance. Jevco told me I would need to be driving for a year before they consider insuring me. So I decided to bite the bullet, pay this year, then shop around and hope I can get a lot cheaper.
    I would consider it fair, to be honest, nothing ever insured. 19. on a 500cc motorcycle, and male.

and a side note: i did try multiple agents with each company, they all said the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffjones View Post
    Anyone that says they have a F4i as a sport touring is lying.
    +1000000
    Current: '04 Suzuki SV650n
    '06 Honda CBR F4i
    '06 Suzuki GS500F: Gone but not forgotten