Get a laugh at this quote - - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Get a laugh at this quote -

Re: Get a laugh at this quote -

What gave you the impression that the F4i isn't a SS bike?

Quote Originally Posted by jaymurr View Post
    +100000000000000000
    A sport tour????? On what planet?
    I guess you learned the hard way but NEVER take someone's "word" for something. Especially when its insurance. Oldest rule in the motorcycle insurance book, call for quote THEN buy the bike.

This is my signature

As far as SS bikes go, the F4i is definitely on the less aggressive side and is definitely tourable. Still... I have a hard time seeing how anyone would classify it as a sport touring bike but a guy up north took one look at my bike last year and called it a sport tourer. Go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymurr View Post
    Well I was told by other people as well as F4i's were listed under the "sport touring" category. Again, stupid me to just believe what I saw and not confirm it.

UPDATE: Just called TD Meloche Monnex and they quoted me at $5700 with my group rate through my University. $5000 less than TD Primmum

I spoke with them how my parents have a policy for our vehicles with TD and if I could combine policy with them and get a cheaper rate?

The agent said, yes but he does not know how much of a discount that would provide for me. He did some further research and told me that since I AM still a FULL-TIME student and am UNDER 25 I am considered to be a "DEPENDANT". Even though you are a registered title holder of the motorcycle you can still get it put under my parents policy.

Going to call them with my parents tonight and see what they say. I will update this thread with what they tell me for all others that are in a similar situation as me.
    2001 Honda CBR F4i - Mocking me in the garage
    2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250 Special Edition - SOLD
    2008 Honda CBR 125r - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by Bignoga View Post
    You might wanna check your facts before you tell people wrong information. Statefarm requires 6 years of driving experience no age requirement though it does drop alot at 25 just like every other insure company.
    Actually it's 5 years experience required for state farm.

Wow...For $5000 you could tour Europe all summer.
    New to me for 2012.

It baffles my mind that people will buy a vehicle before getting insurance quotes.
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Current: 2001 Suzuki GSXR1000 (4th Season)
    Previous: 1996 Honda VFR750F (4 Seasons)
    Previous: 1998 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (3 Seasons)

Quote Originally Posted by killerkeith View Post
    Wow...For $5000 you could tour Europe all summer.
    Question now is would you rather not ride at all and tour Europe? Tough choice
    2001 Honda CBR F4i - Mocking me in the garage
    2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250 Special Edition - SOLD
    2008 Honda CBR 125r - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by -Sunny- View Post
    Not tough at all - Europe all the way. All. Summer. Long.
    Peeing in the gene pool...

Quote Originally Posted by RockerGuy View Post
    I have a feeling she might gut me while I sleep and make love to my organs in a bathtub
    DISCLAIMER: This forum requires thick skin. I will not be held accountable for your inability to take internet sarcasm, but I might be held accountable for your mom walking bow legged this morning...

Quote Originally Posted by -Sunny- View Post
    You're young, go tour Europe for the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by AF4iK View Post
    As far as SS bikes go, the F4i is definitely on the less aggressive side and is definitely tourable. Still... I have a hard time seeing how anyone would classify it as a sport touring bike but a guy up north took one look at my bike last year and called it a sport tourer. Go figure.
    Engine performance wise it is the exact same as the early model RR's, just alot more comfortable to ride long distances and not as Track friendly as the RR.

I would definitely go to Europe for the summer and come back and next ummer you will have a years experience.
    2001 CBR F4i

" they say at 100mph water feels like concrete ,so you can imagine what concrete feels like " - Nicky Hayden

Quote Originally Posted by dr_sarcasm View Post
    Not tough at all - Europe all the way. All. Summer. Long.
    Since he already bought the bike, its a mute point. However, I toured Europe after university. Spent nearly 5 figures of savings. Best thing I ever did.
    Never to be taken seriously. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Since he already bought the bike, its a mute point. However, I toured Europe after university. Spent nearly 5 figures of savings. Best thing I ever did.
    Not a moot point at all - he's got the bike, sure, BUT rather than wasting $5Gs on insurance we're advocating for the best 3 mos of his life in Europe...on beaches....with lots and lots of women...and booze...and women...
    Peeing in the gene pool...

Quote Originally Posted by RockerGuy View Post
    I have a feeling she might gut me while I sleep and make love to my organs in a bathtub
    DISCLAIMER: This forum requires thick skin. I will not be held accountable for your inability to take internet sarcasm, but I might be held accountable for your mom walking bow legged this morning...

Td suckssss call around... They were 2x more expensive than anywhere I checked.

- Randy

"I got a new spleen from a guy who liked to ride motorcycles". Fry, Futurama

My bike is a video star! youtube.com/watch?v=Ju9caIDWQ40

The best option is to sell the bike and buy something that isn't surcharged until the OP's rates come down. The OP could go for a 1996 or older Sport Bike, or a Sport-Touring bike like a VFR800, etc. Money would have to be VERY easy to come by before I would ever spend $5000 to ride a bike for a year.
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Current: 2001 Suzuki GSXR1000 (4th Season)
    Previous: 1996 Honda VFR750F (4 Seasons)
    Previous: 1998 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (3 Seasons)

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    OK, for 5k she can do Thailand
    New to me for 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by RetroGrouch View Post
    Whoa times have changed. When I had my Seca II I was 30 and paying $400/year for liability. Actually, I'd still be paying the same rate today if I still had it.
    Quote Originally Posted by daught View Post
    Damn no wonder kids these days spend so much time playing on their xbox. Doing fun stuff is expensive.
    yes, yes, and yes.... the worst part is i have to pay it off in only 6 months... only option that was available to me from jevco $600+ a month = flies in my pocket. Well IMO its worth every penny just for riding... so far i have put a little over 500km on my bike in the 3 weeks ive had it (only used for daily commutes) im going to be riding for a long time so might as well start early
    150cc GY6 scooter-Sold.
    1992 Yamaha XJ 600, Street Fighter.
    LOOK FOR Dual Reflective Punisher Patches

Won't be riding for long if you're caught without insurance...

- Randy

Quote Originally Posted by Bignoga View Post
    You might wanna check your facts before you tell people wrong information. Statefarm requires 6 years of driving experience no age requirement though it does drop alot at 25 just like every other insure company.
    Alright. You are right, Statefarm wanted to charge me 3000~ with a completely clean record last year for my GS500F and told me it would cost a lot less when I am 25.

I suppose it would only be a BIT more expensive (4kish?) if I had a 600CC?