Get a laugh at this quote -

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Get a laugh at this quote -

Angry Get a laugh at this quote -

Whats crackalacking everyone?

So... Back in April of 2010 (19 years old) I had my M2 and was paying $2500 insurance on a 2009 Kawi Ninja 250r.... Some of you might remember my bike with the green white and black special edition theme as well as all the signatures from Burrito Boys

Anyhow,

I bought a 2001 Honda CBR F4i a week ago... SUPER EXCITED...

Called up TD and started the process... Was having a drink when the guy over the phone said... $10,700/year... I almost had a heart attack and my beer pretty much ended up on the floor.

WHAT THE **********???

He said yeah the 2001's are considered "sport" and not "sport touring". WHAT THE *******????

I asked a few other riders and they said they have their F4i's insured as "sport touring" bikes.... What is going on?

Anyone want to help me wrap my head around this? Why am I all of a sudden a "sport" model?

Some may call me stupid for willing to pay $3500 for insurance, but I work hard and choose to spend because I love to ride.

Ironically I was given a rate of $3700 for TD MM for a 2001 Suzuki SV 650s ...

Now I understand where the motivation comes from for "Riding Dirty"

Edit: I am turning 21 this upcoming May with 2 minor tickets (15 over in Oct 2009, and another 15 over in Dec.2011)
    Last edited by -Sunny-; 04-19-2012 at 09:11 PM.
    2001 Honda CBR F4i - Mocking me in the garage
    2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250 Special Edition - SOLD
    2008 Honda CBR 125r - SOLD

You should of called before purchasing the bike. Cut your loss and sell it and grab an SV.

Re: Get a laugh at this quote -

Anyone that says they have a F4i as a sport touring is lying. Evey insurance company I talked to when I was getting quotes has it classed as a SS (Which it is).
    You must have stuff on your record or very young as when I got my quote from TD it was $4,500. (SF has my paying $71/month for full coverage )
    2001 CBR F4i

" they say at 100mph water feels like concrete ,so you can imagine what concrete feels like " - Nicky Hayden

statefarm I'm paying 1300 for my 05 cbr600rr

32 years old

have life/house/bike with them not car yet. Guy said if i bring my car my bike will got down to 66 bucks a month.

I have 2 minors.

1. 15 over - Oct.2009
    2. 15 over - Dec 2011

AND I turn 21 this upcoming May
    Last edited by -Sunny-; 04-19-2012 at 08:53 PM.

Call around before giving up.
    There is no planet B.

Quote Originally Posted by -Sunny- View Post
    I have 2 minors.

1. 15 over - Oct.2009
    2. 15 over - Dec 2011

AND I turn 21 this upcoming May
    I would say call SF but seems like you won't meet their minimum requirements

Quote Originally Posted by daisoman View Post
    I would say call SF but seems like you won't meet their minimum requirements
    I don't have a problem with waiting until im 21 in May, that was the original plan. The $10,000 quote TD gave me was based off of me being 21.
    Last edited by -Sunny-; 04-19-2012 at 09:11 PM.

Best bet is to go with Statefarm as thet rate base on CC of the bike. Although with to minors, you are one away from being high risk. I was insured with statefarm with my GSX650F for about 1800 a year when I was 20. I also had 2 other vehicles under my name insured with them though.
    2006 Black Tribal Honda CBR600RR - Current
    2008 Suzuki GSX650F - SOLD
    1992 Kawasaki Ninja 500 - SOLD

2006 Acura TSX 6MT
    2002 Honda S2000

Quote Originally Posted by jeffjones View Post
    Anyone that says they have a F4i as a sport touring is lying.
    Exactly. And not just '01'. I have '06 F4i, and when I was getting it I called several insurance companies, and everyone were classifying it as SS.

Wait until you are 25 or pay 5 digits. End of story.

I have enough money for a brand new GSXR750 or any of the other 600CC sports and I'm waiting until next year; affordable insurance does NOT EXIST outside of Statefarm for SS bikes...and you HAVE to be 25 with 6 years of G experience for them to even consider you.

You are screwed I'm sorry to say. If you find a way out though, let me know, as I will then go off and buy that GSXR750 and insure it at where-ever you are.

WOW & WOW Glad all of a sudden I'm in N.S. I just got 2 quote for my insurance 36 years old male Clean licance (car) New LM licance (my class M2) On my 84 Honda v30 magna I was quoted at $ $362 a year full coverage On a 2012 Honda CBR 250 I was quoted at $896 a year full coverage I tell you the insurance companys are a unjust rip off in Ontario

the F4i is on JEVCO's SS list, and i remember talking to TD about getting a 600cc SS for the lulz (M 21 Brampton) and they gave me 5 digits as well

OP your only option is SF, you'll probably be ~$3700 for just liability

if you bring your car over there would be an additional 40% discount

Must be your age. I've got a '01 F4i and a similar record (2 minor speeding). $1200 /yr with SF and classified as SS. Jevco quoted me $7900 and other places were similarly absurd. It's a great bike though, congrats and enjoy it! If you ever get insured that is.

Sell your bike, find 1996 or older sportbike and go to Jevco.
    "I got a new spleen from a guy who liked to ride motorcycles". Fry, Futurama

My bike is a video star! youtube.com/watch?v=Ju9caIDWQ40

That's 3x the price of the bike! *lepuke*

Quote Originally Posted by 油井緋色 View Post
    Wait until you are 25 or pay 5 digits. End of story.

I have enough money for a brand new GSXR750 or any of the other 600CC sports and I'm waiting until next year; affordable insurance does NOT EXIST outside of Statefarm for SS bikes...and you HAVE to be 25 with 6 years of G experience for them to even consider you.

You are screwed I'm sorry to say. If you find a way out though, let me know, as I will then go off and buy that GSXR750 and insure it at where-ever you are.
    You might wanna check your facts before you tell people wrong information. Statefarm requires 6 years of driving experience no age requirement though it does drop alot at 25 just like every other insure company.

well first off, $2500 on a 250 isnt bad at all.... i was 18 and i had to pay $3500 for a 150cc.... but now im currently 19, riding a 92 Yamaha Seca XJ600 and my rate is about $3700.... get a quote from Jevco! However my quotes are based on being insured for 1 full year, having my M1 Class License 4 times (1 Full year) and absolutely no tickets... hopping for a $1000 drop for next years rates My bike is a Sport-Touring bike, however (i could be mistaken) my bike fell under the category of sport for Jevco's model listings... on a side note be warned, Jevco no longer insures Super Sport bikes... Hope they dont screw you over dude! If its anything above $4000-$5000 do what the others said, and cut your losses...
    150cc GY6 scooter-Sold.
    1992 Yamaha XJ 600, Street Fighter.
    LOOK FOR Dual Reflective Punisher Patches

Quote Originally Posted by Armen444 View Post
    92 Yamaha Seca XJ600 and my rate is about $3700
    Whoa times have changed. When I had my Seca II I was 30 and paying $400/year for liability. Actually, I'd still be paying the same rate today if I still had it.
    "I got a new spleen from a guy who liked to ride motorcycles". Fry, Futurama

My bike is a video star! youtube.com/watch?v=Ju9caIDWQ40

Damn no wonder kids these days spend so much time playing on their xbox. Doing fun stuff is expensive.