Suomy Vandal helmet

Thread: Suomy Vandal helmet

Suomy Vandal helmet

Hi,

I have already mentioned this helmet, but now that I have had a month or so with it I've decided to review it.

First off, I have always bought Arai helmets for myself in the past, mostly from thier reputation in GP going way back, their claim to sell the EXACT same helmets that are given to the pro's and they have cool graphics. The one negative thing is that they are very expensive, ie. 10 years ago my helmet was 500 bucks.

I went to Cycle world on Sheppard and spent about three hours trying to choose a helmet as they had no arai helmets to choose from.

After looking, trying and debating about which helmet to choose, I decided on the Bell top shelf offering for 600+ dollars, but the sales lady convinced me to try the "Suomy Vandal" before I bought it.

I found my size, these helmets fit very small BTW, as usually I take a med. but I needed a large.

My head is quite oval and on the small side.

This helmet fit very well. It did not hurt my ears as I put it on and is very snug once it is secured.

I wear glasses and it is important that the helmet allows me to put them on and wear them comfortably, The soumy does this, as does the bell and arai helmets. Some others I tried did not allow me to put my glasses on.

The field of view is at par with the Arai I have and it is incredibly light, considerably lighter than any other helmet I've tried. I weighs just over 3lbs.

The lining is removable and washable.

The ventilation is pretty good though in the cold, while stopped it does fog up a bit as most helmets will.
    The top vents are a bit difficult to adjust on the go while wearing gloves, but the chin area one can easilly be opened and closed with gloves.

The chin strap has the snap for securing the end of the strap while done up, so it does not flap around in the wind.

The graphics and colours are high quality in finish as well, as good as any Arai or Shoei I've seen.

All in all I'm very happy with this helmet, it cost me about half of what I intended to spend (338+tx) and the fit combined with the weight makes it the best helmet I've ever worn regardless of price.

I'm really glad there was no Arai helmet there for me as I would surely have taken it and I would have missed out on a great product.

Crash test.......not yet....

for the suomy vandal
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Alex

Peterborough, or just where ever the road takes me

Re: Suomy Vandal helmet

I have the same helmet and also found they fit small, I was a medium in NEXX and a Large in Suomy. I got the Pitt design, it's awesomely bright
    Not wearing gear while riding is like unprotected sex. Sooner or later you're going to get a rash!

Re: Suomy Vandal helmet

I actually picked up the Suomy Vandal Tattoo Flash. Fantastic graphics, weight and fit. A plus for this helmet.