need some advice

Thread: need some advice

need some advice

i just got my M1 this week, im planning on taking my m2 with centennial college in August. I want to get a Ninja 250r but i had an at-fault accident with my car in 2009 i no longer own a car..i have a G2 and ive been driving since i was 16, im 24 now. Should i wait 1 year after getting my M2 to get my motorcycle and insure it? also what effect will my accident have on my insurance? i dont want to pay like 300 a month lol

Re: need some advice

Congrats and welcome to the site! I'm not too sure regarding the effect on insurance but from what I understand the accident stays on for 10 years on your record, but affects the rates up to 7 years after your accident.

Best advice is call around to different brokers and get some quotes.

2011 CBR250R
    2008 CBR125R (Enjoyed...sold...not forgotten)

For most insurance companies, the accident stays on your record for 6 years. Out of curiosity, why not take the M1-exit course earlier? Then hold M2 for a year, then buy a bike.

Quote Originally Posted by dreadaboi View Post
    i just got my M1 this week, im planning on taking my m2 with centennial college in August. I want to get a Ninja 250r but i had an at-fault accident with my car in 2009 i no longer own a car..i have a G2 and ive been driving since i was 16, im 24 now. Should i wait 1 year after getting my M2 to get my motorcycle and insure it? also what effect will my accident have on my insurance? i dont want to pay like 300 a month lol
    The M1 is only valid for 90 days. If you wait until August you will need to write it again for your M2 course.

I would wait the year as your insurance rate will drop when you turn 25 so that may help a little. It is still worth getting a quote before you decide though.

I hope you make a good living because you are likely to pay a lot. But like Kedo said, get your M2 sooner. Other than that just go get some quotes and see what you are getting offered. You may need to start with a 125.

my bad i should have said i plan on getting my M2 as soon as im able to..im willing to pay up to 200 a month but anything past that doesnt make sense for me...ill get some quotes next year and see if it would be worth buying a bike..i heard insurance only looks at 6 years prior?

Yes it is 6 years but it has only been 3 so you will still be hit with a surcharge on your policy.
    The fact that you have been licenced with a G for more than 5 years is a plus but based on your age , record and experience it is good that you have set $200 as a goal and understand that you may need to wait.
    Follow through with getting your licence even though you can rule out riding this year.

VifferFun did an awesome thread here is the link.
    http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-the-best-rate

thanks man i appreciate the info. I'm hoping to be able to ride next summer to college and avoid that damn metropass $100 price

M1 only valid for 90 days, u can't wait til August to get your M2

Should go do the M2 course ASAP it's lots of fun especially at Centennial.

On a side note.... I thought G2 was only valid for Five years... did you redo the G2?

Just a quick note that you can do your M1X before before the 3 months is up and they will hand you a form you can take to the ministry when your 60 days is up. Don't wait to book your course as they fill up quickly and you could end up having to write your M1 test again if you can't get a course date before it expires

Quote Originally Posted by dreadaboi View Post
    my bad i should have said i plan on getting my M2 as soon as im able to..im willing to pay up to 200 a month but anything past that doesnt make sense for me...ill get some quotes next year and see if it would be worth buying a bike..i heard insurance only looks at 6 years prior?
    My advice. Get a low cc older bike. It will be cheaper. Ride it at least until your insurance drops when you turn 25 and hit the one year mark.
    Caught between the good girl, bad girl thing

Support my fight to end cancer in our lifetime - UPDATED 2012
    http://www.conquercancer.ca/goto/BikerCat13

04' VStar 1100
    '08 Suzuki Boulevard S40
    '74 CB360T

Instructor www.learningcurves.ca/

The bike is not going to be cheaper then the metropass. Not even close.
    But it will sure be allot more fun !

haha yea i was out of the country on vacation when it expired so i had to redo everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Serialize View Post
    The bike is not going to be cheaper then the metropass. Not even close.
    But it will sure be allot more fun !
    LOL! yup no packed buses and no nasty smell from people not showering in the summer

You'll be paying a ballpark of $300 a month... But, most companies want the full lump sum paid in full... A few will give you 6 months to pay but charge an interest. It's balls

- Randy