The future of motorcycles is 100bhp. - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The future of motorcycles is 100bhp.

Re: The future of motorcycles is 100bhp.

Quote Originally Posted by kanabis View Post
    I bet you if you could only drive a Geo metro for your daily commute you wouldent be saying that.....
    I smell sarcasm...don't you?
    SOAR NOVICE#22
    www.bluestreakracing.ca
    http://www.platinum-powersports.com/indexx.php
    Honda Fireblade
    KTM 950 SM
    YZF 600R
    R6
    ---UNLIKE BASEBALL, FOOTBALL,BASKETBALL & GOLF, MOTORCYCLING REQUIRES 2 BALLS!---
    ---NEVER TRADE THE THRILLS OF LIVING FOR THE SECURITY OF EXISTENCE---
    ---"You can’t afford not to go. We are enmeshed in the cancerous discipline of security. Before we know it our lives are gone. Which shall it be: bankruptcy of purse or of life?" ---

Quote Originally Posted by omnivore View Post
    I smell sarcasm...don't you?

No im not being sarcastic im just saying that yes it is safer for everyone to drive a car/bike to a limited speed or horsepower but not everyone is going to want to drive/ride that vehicle , so we stuck with driving what we want where we want and we pay the insurance for it .

Quote Originally Posted by AF4iK View Post
    The same reason why any car would "need" more than 100hp. They don't.
    Ugh... My 94 Cherokee only makes ~ 190hp. I can't imagine how hard it would blow with only 100!
    2008 CBR125R
    1986 GS750EF
    1976 RD400 - 1st bike, long gone

Quote Originally Posted by regder View Post
    I don't see regulations such as this getting too widespread. As the article mentioned, the 100hp limitation has not affected accident rates.
    Yeah, and? Nanny state and fascist state laws aren't meant to really tackle real problems and aren't eliminated just because they don't achieve their advertised effect. Anyone who speaks out against them gets attacked for supporting killing/molesting children and no slimy politician (as if there's any other kind) would want to commit political suicide. The days of them being public servants are long gone.
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

Quote Originally Posted by kanabis View Post
    No im not being sarcastic im just saying that yes it is safer for everyone to drive a car/bike to a limited speed or horsepower but not everyone is going to want to drive/ride that vehicle , so we stuck with driving what we want where we want and we pay the insurance for it .
    I'm going to help you out since you can't take the hint. Opengambit and Omnivore is telling you that mmmnaked's post is a sarcastic response.

Quote Originally Posted by vkhamphi View Post
    I'm going to help you out since you can't take the hint. Opengambit and Omnivore is telling you that mmmnaked's post is a sarcastic response.
    Some posts make me wanna reconsider the idea of smoking pot
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

Sales of aftermarket tuner's and ECU's would go through the roof.
    Quote Originally Posted by Amazon
    N3WMAN is my ride
    2006 ZX-6R PART OUT

Quote Originally Posted by dr_sarcasm View Post
    ... there are other ways to combat stupidity of this nature outside of becoming a nanny state (e.g. not allowing newly licensed M1 and M2 riders the ability to purchase litre bikes; number of years having an M license dictating how powerful a bike one can own, etc. etc.).
    There's no point, the guy assumed to have been riding ~300km/h in Vancouver wasn't licenses or insured.... like the old phrase that "locks only keep honest people out"

here's a good one.

http://www.gizmag.com/france-breatha...slation/21541/

how about give them some ****ing turtles to drive, now that's a way awesomer idea

Quote Originally Posted by vkhamphi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FiReSTaRT View Post
    Some posts make me wanna reconsider the idea of smoking pot
    I hate you both; you just made me spit out perfectly good beer!

100 hp is still fast but honestly if they limit engines do you really think that will stop people from adding turbos and tuning and stuff. No! This will never happen stupid article, motorcycle manufactures always compete who can make the most hp and the best bike so one manufacture isn't gonna be like hey guys let's make only 100 hp and below. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by EngineerJoe View Post
    There's no point, the guy assumed to have been riding ~300km/h in Vancouver wasn't licenses or insured.... like the old phrase that "locks only keep honest people out"
    Agreed EngineerJoe, guess what I should have emphasized even moreso is that, as you've pointed out, there are ways around any law that seems to run counter to popular sentiment (i.e. which I hinted at with the whole black market concept for engines, etc.).
    Peeing in the gene pool...

Quote Originally Posted by RockerGuy View Post
    I have a feeling she might gut me while I sleep and make love to my organs in a bathtub
    DISCLAIMER: This forum requires thick skin. I will not be held accountable for your inability to take internet sarcasm, but I might be held accountable for your mom walking bow legged this morning...

Quote Originally Posted by OpenGambit View Post
    all i got out of that article was that france sucks.
    yes, they lose again, just like their wars...

Quote Originally Posted by GayManLoveIsOK View Post
    yes, they lose again, just like their wars...

I disagree - France is fantastic.

And why do people repeat this US propaganda that the French can't fight? You do realize that the Germans lost the same wars? No one suggests the Germans can't fight. French armed forces ruled Europe for oh, about a thousand years with only a handful of setbacks. Pretty impressive to me.

But, back on topic - reducing hp is a foolish idea. (says a man with a ridiculously fast motorcycle ).
    2010 BMW S1000RR

100hp is still enough for a 600cc to go plenty fast, since that's what they usually have...maybe a good feature for new riders and limit back the hp for the first few years of riding...give the popo the ability that if they pull the person over to see if the chip has been modded...but i'm also against that too since the common sense needs to be on the rider and not the bike...they'll just borrow another bike...

It adds 100 HP according to the Honda Civic folks...

Quote Originally Posted by Shaman View Post
    A lot of people think that adding a slip-on pipe gives them a wicked amount of power.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny5 View Post
    So why does any street bike *need* more than 100hp anyway? My bike's hp is only 85 yet it will take me to over 200kph easy. FAR above any legal speed limits. I have no problem with them putting limits and stopping idiots who ride like Ghost Rider and put the lives of innocent public in jeopardy. If you want to race, or a bike with insane power fine.. get one.. and ride it on a race track. Not on the street. Other than the very rare occassion when you might need a small burst of speed to avoid someting, it is not necessary for any bike to go more than 150kph on the streets, ever.
    Why do you need a car or a motorcycle when there is public transit?

Technically.... the France rule is 100CV..... which translates to 98.6hp

jus sayin.

Regarding the suggestion that we would all be safer riding mopeds (I'm exaggerating) - I'm I the only one that requires some acceleration ability in order to drive safely? The number of times that acceleration has saved my butt exceeds the number of times that good brakes have saved it by a factor of about 2 to 1.

I don't feel safe riding underpowered bikes or driving underpowered cars.

Now, whether 100 bhp is underpowered for a bike is a legitimate question I suppose. I think yes, it is though.
    2010 BMW S1000RR

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny5 View Post
    So why does any street bike *need* more than 100hp anyway? My bike's hp is only 85 yet it will take me to over 200kph easy. FAR above any legal speed limits. I have no problem with them putting limits and stopping idiots who ride like Ghost Rider and put the lives of innocent public in jeopardy. If you want to race, or a bike with insane power fine.. get one.. and ride it on a race track. Not on the street. Other than the very rare occassion when you might need a small burst of speed to avoid someting, it is not necessary for any bike to go more than 150kph on the streets, ever.
    I used to ride a Suzuki with around 60 horsepower and it was plenty of power, so your 85 HP monster of a machine is way too much and too dangerous for the streets. It should be banned.

There are people who ride bikes with 50 horsepower and they think that anything over is too much for the road. To them, my old Suzuki with it's 60 HP is way too much, and not to even mention your 85 HP killing machine.

So how would you like it if you are forced to ride bikes with 50 or less HP? That's almost half the bike you ride now, and I bet you wouldn't like that very much. Just like I wouldn't like it very much if I had to ride a bike with 50 horses less than what I have now, a 155 HP bike.

If you have even a few milligrams of brain you will understand what I am saying and how stupid HP restrictions are.
    Last edited by The Road Warrior; 04-22-2012 at 04:08 PM.