Integrated tail lights?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Integrated tail lights?

Integrated tail lights?

I don't really like the little bunny ears on my 250r I just bought, I was looking around on Ebay and found these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2011-CBR150R...item5893784232

Does anyone have experience with these? Or is there an alternative, like a DIY convert my current housing into the integrated turn signals and brake light?

Re: Integrated tail lights?

Probably not worth your time to DIY an integrated tail light unless you enjoy doing that kind of thing.
    Alternative-wise if you are looking for strictly integrated, there are probably different brands but they will more or less be the same.
    '04 CBR1000RR

I believe the 250R has a single dual-filament bulb in the tail light so a DIY integrated tail light is pretty much impossible.

Those integrated lights are fairly easy to install. You will need to splice (or tap into) the tail light, brake light, left signal, right signal and ground wires that are at/near the tail light already.

ahh sounds like fun... Will probably try to install both the lights and the fender eliminator kit at the same time...

Be prepared for no-one behind you to be able to see which way you are about to turn (or even IF you are about to turn). There is nowhere near enough separation distance between the left and right signals and I'll just about guarantee that the signals won't be bright enough, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian P View Post
    Be prepared for no-one behind you to be able to see which way you are about to turn (or even IF you are about to turn). There is nowhere near enough separation distance between the left and right signals and I'll just about guarantee that the signals won't be bright enough, either.
    Saw this exact scenario last weekend in my M2 exit. The instructor had a hard time figuring out if the blinkers were on or not on a sport bike there.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2
    -int15

Current ride: 2011 FZ6R
    First Ride: 2005 GS500F

Quote Originally Posted by Brian P View Post
    I've added LED strip lights as signals to my passenger pegs, I'm told it has solved that problem fairly well.
    --
    Killing you and giving you good advice aren't mutually exclusive.

^ I've seen that done, also. If you are going to do that, then you don't need the integrated tail light! Just use the standard tail light as it is, and put the signals somewhere else. Make sure they are really, really bright!

Hmm putting LED strips, does that satisfy the requirements of the MTO? Like I mean will I get pulled over for it and given a ticket? I really just want to get rid of the original signals.

X ---- > I'm Not here, But I'm there ---> X

Quote Originally Posted by Trice87 View Post
    Hmm putting LED strips, does that satisfy the requirements of the MTO? Like I mean will I get pulled over for it and given a ticket? I really just want to get rid of the original signals.
    Something like this

http://tripageled.com/store/index.ph...product_id=118

Your not removing your orginal ones...your just adding more.

If you want to fully comply with all of the technical requirements of CMVSS then leave the bike alone, with its stock signals. This way, unquestionably, the vehicle is in compliance with the applicable standards.

Anything done beyond that is open to question. Strictly speaking, Ontario's Highway Traffic Act doesn't have anything in it about turn signals on motorcycles, but if you don't have them, then you have to use hand signals (How many car drivers know what the hand signals mean?). But the police have the authority to require you to subject your vehicle to an inspection, and the requirements in that will be the same as the criteria for getting a safety standards certificate (except that you won't have the choice in who does the inspection - you could get a really, really anal letter-of-the-law type - and in this situation, I would expect that to be the case!) and in that case, all of the original lighting on the vehicle is supposed to be in place and working and any substitutes have to meet the same standards that the originals met.

Putting ADDITIONAL lighting normally isn't a problem as long as (1) the original functions still remain and conform to the requirements, and (2) the colours and functions of additional lighting are consistent with CMVSS 108.

aww man, does this mean I'm stuck with these bunny ears?

I don't want to add more lights, Don't want to look like a light show, I wanted to remove the originals and put something else in replacement of them.

Am I out of alternatives?

X ---- > I'm Not here, But I'm there ---> X

aww man, does this mean I'm stuck with these bunny ears?

I don't want to add more lights, Don't want to look like a light show, I wanted to remove the originals and put something else in replacement of them.

Am I out of alternatives?

Then just put the aftermarket lights on...I believe like 90% of all bikes on the road have aftermarket to remove the fender....(I have not seen anyone get in trouble for that yet.....)

It is a pain in the tail following someone who has crap turn signals.

Now replace me (following you on your hypothetical group ride) with any random "cage" driver who is not even intentionally looking for those turn signals.

The stock signals are unmistakably bright. Aftermarket crap generally isn't.

So don't do something crap. Do something good. Make sure it is really, really visible. The passenger peg bracket turn signal idea is one possibility but make sure they are REALLY REALLY BRIGHT. Yellow LEDs have a way of looking bright when you are looking at them on the internet or in a showroom (not as bright as outside in the daylight) but then washing out almost completely in the daylight.

Hmmm, okay, I'll see what I can find... gonna ask a buddy who sells LEDs to see what he has... and try to figure out how to wire it up.

I was looking at these and they look pretty good actually.. Any comments? Check out the videos:
    http://www.customled.com/products/in...ninja_250r.htm

^That looks pretty good I wonder if they have that for my bike...

If you're looking for integrated tail lights, make sure they're bright enough to see signals too.
    Some aftermarket LEDs are less visable in daytime. There have been close calls with integrated tail lights.
    HONDA SHADOW AERO BAGGER
    Look for a glowing white bike

Quote Originally Posted by minirx7 View Post
    I was looking at these and they look pretty good actually.. Any comments? Check out the videos:
    http://www.customled.com/products/in...ninja_250r.htm
    I have those. They are brighter than the factory ones. I ordered directly from that website, and they came within 2 weeks. I installed the tail light and the no cut fender eliminator in under 30 minutes. The fender eliminator was by Project D. Here's a pic of the two installed.

[IMG][/IMG]
    To ride or not to ride…THAT is a stupid question !!

^ I don't think we're riding the same bike... that site doesn't have those taillights for the CBR250r...