Good parking lots to practice at in the 401/Avenue Rd area?

Thread: Good parking lots to practice at in the 401/Avenue Rd area?

Good parking lots to practice at in the 401/Avenue Rd area?

I have just purchase my first Burke in 38 years. Been out riding in the hood and I am trying to find a decent lot not far from home to practice in anyone have any suggestions?

I am signed put for a refresher course at Centential in June and want to work on my slow speed maneuvers before the course.

Thanks in advance.

Allan

Re: Good parking lots to practice at in the 401/Avenue Rd area?

I have just purchase my first Burke in 38 years. Been out riding in the hood and I am trying to find a decent lot not far from home to practice in anyone have any suggestions?

I was going to say Yorkdale, but you probably can't ride at night, and that's the only time that lot would be empty enough.
    Edit: oh wait I missed where you said you are a returning rider. So maybe Yorkdale is a possibility?

BTW I would not wear a Burke while riding, it may get caught in the chain, a jacket and helmet is a better idea :P

Welcome back to riding.
    Last edited by Tango5; 04-19-2012 at 09:28 PM.

Last edited by SLaP; 04-19-2012 at 09:36 PM.

Earl Bales Park. Bathurst and Sheppard. Nice little roadways that arent too busy and the lots are pretty empty in the evenings.

Quote Originally Posted by Toreador View Post
    Earl Bales Park. Bathurst and Sheppard. Nice little roadways that arent too busy and the lots are pretty epty in the evenings.
    I had thought of Earl Bales just need the weather to clear. I will go early in the am, I have been using the small lot by Ledbury Pool. It is large enough for figure 8 and the staf keep the lot clean.