Trucks turning into other lanes

Thread: Trucks turning into other lanes

• Display

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Trucks turning into other lanes

I'm going to explain an ongoing situation (in a specific intersection) that is bothering the hell out of me, and is not only causing traffic congestion, but will someday probably run over a rider or a small car.

Then I'd would like to here some ideas on how best to fix it: i.e. e-mail someone about posting signs etc

In Brampton, at the 410 Northbound Exit to Queen st there are 3 Lanes:
    -Left most to turn left
    -Middle to turn either left or right
    -Right lane to turn Right.

Here is the intersection:

Conveniently enough there is a truck in the Right most lane, which is the heart of this problem.
    The problem is the Trucks in the Right lane not only back up traffic as they cannot merge into traffic as quickly as most vehicles, but the biggest problem is when this light turns green the vehicles making a right from the middle lane are almost hit by the trucks in the right lane turning Extra wide! Also the Trucks block said vehs from making the right.
    (see below)

As I have added to the picture of the intersection, the Blue, Green and yellow lines are the appropriate lines vehicles should be making when turning from this intersection (when the light is Green) But the trucks always take up the 2 lanes, and even sometimes poke into the left most lane!! (see red line)

They should be using the middle lane ONLY!!!

This morning was probably the 20th time I made a right turn from the middle lane (on the green light) and a truck coming up the right lane behind me, for some odd reason, doesn't expect me to stay in my lane and almost rams into my Quarter panel! If that happens to me on a bike I'm dead!

I understand they need to make wide turns when they have a trailer hooked but but they don't seem to make room for the vehicles turning in the middle lane. If they stick to the middle lane it would save everyone so much trouble, as well as any future possible accidents.

Now....what is the best way to deal with this problem?
    Last edited by slowbird; 04-19-2012 at 07:22 AM. Reason: Fix various spelling errors
    -Matt
    1997 VFR750F RC36
    1986 VFR750F Honda Interceptor (sold)
    1986 Honda Interceptor VF500 (sold)
    enhanced by Platinum Powersports