Quote Originally Posted by turbodish View Post
The signs are already on the back of transport trailers. Trucks make wide turns. The hope is that while they are making that wide turn, that some impatient driver or rider doesn't try to cut inside as the truck is making its turn because that space is needed by the trailers rear wheel sweep. This turn isn't really any different. By starting from the middle lane, the truck's trailer is still going to drag across the right lane as it follows the tractor can around, but the truck driver is no longer able to keep some control over that needed sweep space. I can see people's vehicles getting crushed by the trailer's wheels as the truck tries to make the turn.

By starting from the right lane, that possibility is minimized. The truck will still have to swing wide with the cab when making the turn, but the visibility for the truck driver is a lot better and the driver has more ability to control traffic to his left when doing so. The practice of swinging wide is also specifically permitted in the HTA.

+1, right lane is MUCH safer. Transports get in my way daily, but these guys are our lifeblood. They move our food, supplies and resources around our country. Without them, we all fail. Cut them some slack people, I have a hard enough time navigating my courier truck around senseless/oblivious/heartless people, I can only imagine what those guys have to deal with.