rotella oil - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: rotella oil

Re: rotella oil

the amsoil CULT is just spreading falsehoods

Somewhere using those round and curved tires.

Quote Originally Posted by BusaBob View Post
    not to thread jack, but just curious: what's the big deal about rotella T6? I assume it's a good oil, given the demand seen on this thread. but why? and why is it that when I search for it on Cdn Tire's website, I only see the "T" version and it says for "diesel engines"?

thanks.

One of the big things about Rotella 6 is, say it 6 times at medium speed. Let it roll off you tongue. Feel the sound. It sounds neat if ya put a 'roll' in there a bit like Italian.

2nd it always results in a lengthy thread. So it must be slippery.
    Simoncelli apparently was asked if he was afraid of dying in a racing accident & he responded: "NO. You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike like that than other people do in all of their life."

Life's time is finite. Be honest & Let's Ride.

The canadian tire website doesnt list the T6. I checked a few locations, so depending on your location it will wither have -
    1. Rotella T Synthetic (blue jug) 4w40 and the Rotella T 15w40 ( white jug shape different from the blue jug)
    2. T6 blue jug and Rotella T Triple protection ( white jug similar in shape as the blue jug)
    Amen! Hallelujah! Peanut Butter!
    Current Ride - 89 Katana 600

i have 4 t6 unsold 1 gallon jugs left $25 each first come first serve
    With TAFB the math always equals 16

1 left for sale who wants it?
    With TAFB the math always equals 16

BTW - I just did some oil shopping in Meijer in Michigan - Mobil 1 5W20 or 5w30 4.83l jugs were $26.99, Valvoline Synthetic 4.83l jugs $25.99 (+6% MI sales tax). Rotella T6 was $21.39 per 3.78l jug - so they all cost almost exactly the same per liter. Either the synthetic oils are cheaper than they used to be or my memory is failing me. Also, instead of one type of Mobil 1 now I counted six - Mobil 1, Mobil 1 High Mileage, Mobil 1 Advanced Fuel Economy, Mobil 1 Extended Performance, Mobil 1 Turbo Diesel Truck, Mobil 1 ESP

Finally - wikipedia has a short and simple article on Rotella, including its motorcycle use:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shell_Rotella_T
    Last edited by thorongil; 04-23-2012 at 09:29 PM.