Is there any Npva Scotia Riders here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is there any Npva Scotia Riders here

Question Is there any Npva Scotia Riders here

Just wondering if any of you are from Nova Scotia. I was rasied in Ontario but had to move here.

Re: Is there any Npva Scotia Riders here

I'm from Cape Breton but live in Ontario now.... Where in Nova Scotia are you living?

My father is from Glace Bay and I lived there for a couple of years, when I was a kid. Still have relatives in Glace Bay, Sydney Mines, and Main-a-Dieu, but haven't spoken to them in years. I keep wondering if my cousin married that "Laura MacLennan", in those Red Lobster commercials, because that part of the family owned a lobster wharf.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Once the weather stabilizes and people start heading out to Cape Breton you will have lots of new-found GTAM cousins looking for a place to stay. I've got a buddy just outside of Antigonish and hope to do the trail with him this summer.

Both my parents are from Nova Scotia but I was born in Trenton ON when my father was stationed there in the early 60s. My dad was transferred back to the Greenwood NS airbase when I was quite young so I grew up in the Annapolis Valley and went to SMU in Halifax. The company I was working with after graduation sent me to Toronto and have been here ever since.

Make the trek back to visit family at least once a year either driving or flying depending on how much time I have for the visit. One of these days, I will ride down as I surely miss some of the great roads hugging the coastline.

Quote Originally Posted by 1000rr View Post
    I'm from Cape Breton but live in Ontario now.... Where in Nova Scotia are you living?
    Just outside of Kentville on the North Mountan.

As a side note. I cant figure out how to edit the Thread name. I put a "p" insted of a "o" in Nova.. If someone can tell me how to change this or if a admin could i'd thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by nobbie48 View Post
    Once the weather stabilizes and people start heading out to Cape Breton you will have lots of new-found GTAM cousins looking for a place to stay. I've got a buddy just outside of Antigonish and hope to do the trail with him this summer.
    With the weather we have been having everyone has there bikes out now. The timmies in town that I drive by going home from work every day has about 30-50 bikes in it all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacLennan View Post
    My father is from Glace Bay and I lived there for a couple of years, when I was a kid. Still have relatives in Glace Bay, Sydney Mines, and Main-a-Dieu, but haven't spoken to them in years. I keep wondering if my cousin married that "Laura MacLennan", in those Red Lobster commercials, because that part of the family owned a lobster wharf.

I lived in Glace Bay most of my life until I moved to Kitchener in 2001.... Does your dad still live in Glace Bay?

Quote Originally Posted by 1000rr View Post
    I lived in Glace Bay most of my life until I moved to Kitchener in 2001.... Does your dad still live in Glace Bay?
    No, he's out in Alberta these days. His mother, as far as I know, is still alive and well, and living in Glace Bay though.

Now I'm having memories of going to the colliery and hunting for fossils, with my grandfather, in what undoubtedly now is a housing development.

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

I have family in Halifax and Antigonish. My dad grew up outside of Halifax. Did the Cabot Trail last year and frankly love all of Nova Scotia. Too beautiful
    Caught between the good girl, bad girl thing

Support my fight to end cancer in our lifetime - UPDATED 2012
    http://www.conquercancer.ca/goto/BikerCat13

04' VStar 1100
    '08 Suzuki Boulevard S40
    '74 CB360T

Instructor www.learningcurves.ca/

I went to Dal. That's as Nova Scotian as I get.

Last summer I had a chance to visit a former colleague who now works in Kentville. Met up in Halifax and we rode out to Baddeck and stayed at the Silver Dart Lodge. Cabot trail was truly amazing but there were plenty of other great roads. Hoping to make it out there again sometime this summer.
    2011 BMW K1300S

I'm from Halifax... been in Ontario for years tho. Get my bike (and M2) next week and will be holding the roads I've driven out east on 4 wheels as the bar to reach when re-discovering southern Ontario. =]

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin'76 View Post
    Just wondering if any of you are from Nova Scotia. I was rasied in Ontario but had to move here.

Grew up in Ontario but spent six years out east between Acadia and Dal. Love it out there and miss it all the time. Did my bike license at Greenwood. Was back in the valley last summer and couldn't believe how New Minas had changed with all the big box stores.
    2009 CBR600RR
    2007 ZZR 600 (written off)

Born and raised in NL. Moved to Ontario in 2001. Depressing enough, I'm still here, miss my home land, but made a new home in Toronto. Love my life and continue to miss my family and the ocean. Been all over the east, as a Newfie anything about NS, PEI, NB and NL. INb4 long walk off a short pier.

Mom's from Sydney and my grandmother lives in Ingonish. I try to go down as often as I can, but I haven't been since 2008. A cousin of mine owns a few kms of beach front property right on the ocean in the King's Point area of Ingonish. Nice to have our own private beach when we're down so we don't have to share with the tourists. :P
    09' FZ6R

Nova Scotia proud. South Shore born and raised. Living in Barrie now. I drive back every year, sometimes twice a year.

One more Bluenoser here. Truly a great place I really miss the Ocean and the people.

Kevin'76 I think you will find moving the is one of the best thing you ever "had" to do. Once the east coast gets in your blood you never want to leave.

Born and raised there, grew up on the north shore "5min from the worlds highest tides". been here in ontario to long and can't wait for the day when i go back home.

Quote Originally Posted by lucky2 View Post
    Born and raised there, grew up on the north shore "5min from the worlds highest tides". been here in ontario to long and can't wait for the day when i go back home.
    What, you grew up in Dorchester, New Brunswick?