Trackday at TMP - May 3rd - Page 3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trackday at TMP - May 3rd

Re: Trackday at TMP - May 3rd

I would definitely be interested in that spot infernobuster but I havent drained my coolant and replaced with some watter wetter premix anybody have some water wetter premix i can buy at this hour? lol

Just run straight distilled water, which can be found anywhere. walmart, shoppers etc .

You may get lucky and get to a canadian tire in time for some water wetter.
    PM me if your interested ... ill check it before heading to bed.
    www.thetoyhauler.ca
    Inferno is the new GTAM P.I.M.P.

I'm going be brining some water wetter with me tomorrow. If you're still in need by then, just come on by (silver 2nd gen sv650); otherwise for now I would do just as what infernobuster said - use distilled water.

To whoever's coming tomorrow, see you tomorrow at the track!

Good day, and beatiful weather.

For those who didnt stick around, the evening session landed a beatiful Ducati 999. Guy owned it for about a week .. and last look at it was lowsided heading towards front stretch.
    www.thetoyhauler.ca
    Inferno is the new GTAM P.I.M.P.

Ahh Jees, it was nice did it hit the wall hard?

Great day, awesome weather.

What a great way to start the season. Nearly perfect weather and got to catch up with some track buddies. Here's my one and only video of the day, unedited, chasing my buddies down in the last session. I'm on an R1, they're on a GSX-R6 and ZX-6R. Fast forward to 2:00 to skip the pit area.

Great day for sure! Beautiful sunny weather, very few riders; I'd say today was a great start to the track-riding season!

I had a couple of incidents today; ran into the run-off after the front straight (run-off turned from grass to marshland pretty quick; tried my best to stay out of the racing line on the way back into the pits) and unfortunately low-sided at turn 11 nearing the end of the day. After replaying it over in my head and reviewing the video of the incident, I believe the cause of the low-side was riding the edge of my street tires which didn't provide efficient grip (Pilot Road 2s). If I had properly adjusted my body-positioning (which I still have to work on), I could have probably avoided the situation completely. Luckily my sliders had done an incredible job of saving my motorcycle from any serious damage. The only damage I was able to find was a bent rear brake-lever and a minor blemish on the exhaust can; the tank, fairings, and clutch cover were all untouched. Surprisingly even the bar-ends were left unscathed.

Overall, I'd say it was an almost perfect day. Going down may not have been favourable, though I'll consider that to be just another learning experience. Plus, I managed to get a lot of great GoPro footage!

Quote Originally Posted by UltrA_09 View Post
    Overall, I'd say it was an almost perfect day. Going down may not have been favourable, though I'll consider that to be just another learning experience. Plus, I managed to get a lot of great GoPro footage!
    Didn't I tell you to get your lowside footage up on youtube? I'll look forward to the link!

The fact you're thinking about your crash is good. As Reciprocity says often, nearly all crashes are rider error in one way or another. It's just a case of assuming you did something wrong, figuring out what went wrong and going from there.

As everyone else said, the motorcycling Gods were shining down on us yesterday. Near perfect day, low track numbers and minimal incidents. Props to Racer 5 for doing a great job
    Last edited by Fiery254; 05-04-2012 at 07:04 AM.
    Spineless swines. Cemented minds.

Great day. Thanks RACER5. Is there such thing as too much track time???lol

Poor Ducati didn't make it 2 laps...

Quote Originally Posted by Jayv View Post
    Great day, awesome weather.
    Dude, you looked awesome out there !

Compliments to Fawaz (Racer5) for putting on a great day !

Dealer/Vendor

Thanks for coming out guys, it was a blast!

Fawaz

It was my first time out on the bike this year and I had a blast. Lots of fun, lots of great people. Thanks Racer5 and Fawaz!

Quote Originally Posted by Teal View Post
    What a great way to start the season. Nearly perfect weather and got to catch up with some track buddies. Here's my one and only video of the day, unedited, chasing my buddies down in the last session. I'm on an R1, they're on a GSX-R6 and ZX-6R. Fast forward to 2:00 to skip the pit area.

cool video.... how is your lap counter mounted?
    I have to mount mine yet..

I finally got around to uploading the trackday pictures online; thanks to scarlet for taking the pictures!

Enjoy:

If anyone has any issues with the any of the pictures posted, you can send me a PM.

Videos will be uploaded soon...

Also, does anyone know whether there was a professional photographer working during the trackday?

Quote Originally Posted by TheDutchDream View Post
    cool video.... how is your lap counter mounted?
    I have to mount mine yet..
    The display is velcro mounted to the steering head nut (some silicone was used to attach the velcro to the nut). The transmitter is mounted off the left side air duct, again using velcro, but with a custom made bracket out of formed flat bar aluminum.

Video footage of the run-off out of turn 1:

Nice job keeping it upright and, especially, keeping your muddy tires off the line once you came back on.
    It's never too late for a happy childhood...

Sometimes it's best to just stay behind a slower rider until it is 110% safe to pass IE get him at the front of the straight away or don't push yourself trying to outbrake him. Looks like you just got in a little over your head. Very nice save though.

Did the same thing after my lowside too, sat there collected myself and just laughed it up.