Trackday at TMP - May 3rd

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trackday at TMP - May 3rd

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Trackday at TMP - May 3rd

Anyone here planning on attending the Trackday on May 3rd at TMP?

I've just registered and paid for the event; going to be riding in the Green/Beginner group with my silver SV650s. If you see me, feel free to say

I'm very excited to get my bike on the track!
    Last edited by UltrA_09; 04-18-2012 at 10:00 PM.

Re: Trackday at TMP - May 3rd

There is a trackday this Sunday at tmp also, incase you want to get out even earlier.

Heres hoping the weather co-operates...

http://www.torontomotorsportspark.co...e_lapping.html

I've always wanted to check out a track day. i might head out.

Quote Originally Posted by TimJ View Post
    There is a trackday this Sunday at tmp also, incase you want to get out even earlier.

Heres hoping the weather co-operates...

http://www.torontomotorsportspark.co...e_lapping.html
    Wow... I completely missed that! Thanks for the notice, though the 3rd will still be the first trackday for me this season.

*Original post fixed!*

I went last sunday and got rained out so I'm going to be doing this sunday and hopefully I can get off work for the 3rd. I'm riding an all white 09 zx6r I'll probably pit by Racer5, feel free to say hey.

I'm going to try like heck to be there - depends if the bike is ready by then, and if I can get away from work. Will be a last minute decision for me, but I am very keen!
    It's never too late for a happy childhood...

My brother is already signed up for it. I have learned that this early in the year its better to wait as weather and temps are always a toss up. hope to be there but will also be a last min thing for me too

Bumpy??

Bah ya big girls blouse you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayv View Post
    Bumpy??

Bah ya big girls blouse you.
    You have less issue with gravity. You're more "grounded" shall we say?
    Spineless swines. Cemented minds.

if weather shapes up i'd love to head up.

Any one have another trailer spot available passing through or comming out of Mississauga? I dont have my new track hauler yet

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the evening sessions.
    Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however, extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity.

Still watching the forecast .. ill see what it says by tomorrow afternoon.
    www.thetoyhauler.ca
    Inferno is the new GTAM P.I.M.P.

Either Thursday or Sunday... not sure yet but I'm hoping for Thurs (Racer5). The bike's almost ready.

Lol.

The suit adds 40 pounds

I've been checking the weather every so often, and they've been drastically changing their weather predictions for the week (www.weathernetwork.com). As of right now, Thursday has a high of 24 (feels like 30) with 2-4mm of rain. We'll see what they'll change it to tomorrow.
    I plan on going regardless; they won't refund my money unless the trackday is officially cancelled.

Also, I'm wondering whether anyone has an open space in their 'guest list' that would be willing to add my buddies name to their list?

Dave noble is open late tonight Attila.

Great day, awesome weather.

What a great way to start the season. Nearly perfect weather and got to catch up with some track buddies. Here's my one and only video of the day, unedited, chasing my buddies down in the last session. I'm on an R1, they're on a GSX-R6 and ZX-6R. Fast forward to 2:00 to skip the pit area.

Great day for sure! Beautiful sunny weather, very few riders; I'd say today was a great start to the track-riding season!

I had a couple of incidents today; ran into the run-off after the front straight (run-off turned from grass to marshland pretty quick; tried my best to stay out of the racing line on the way back into the pits) and unfortunately low-sided at turn 11 nearing the end of the day. After replaying it over in my head and reviewing the video of the incident, I believe the cause of the low-side was riding the edge of my street tires which didn't provide efficient grip (Pilot Road 2s). If I had properly adjusted my body-positioning (which I still have to work on), I could have probably avoided the situation completely. Luckily my sliders had done an incredible job of saving my motorcycle from any serious damage. The only damage I was able to find was a bent rear brake-lever and a minor blemish on the exhaust can; the tank, fairings, and clutch cover were all untouched. Surprisingly even the bar-ends were left unscathed.

Overall, I'd say it was an almost perfect day. Going down may not have been favourable, though I'll consider that to be just another learning experience. Plus, I managed to get a lot of great GoPro footage!

Quote Originally Posted by UltrA_09 View Post
    Overall, I'd say it was an almost perfect day. Going down may not have been favourable, though I'll consider that to be just another learning experience. Plus, I managed to get a lot of great GoPro footage!
    Didn't I tell you to get your lowside footage up on youtube? I'll look forward to the link!

The fact you're thinking about your crash is good. As Reciprocity says often, nearly all crashes are rider error in one way or another. It's just a case of assuming you did something wrong, figuring out what went wrong and going from there.

As everyone else said, the motorcycling Gods were shining down on us yesterday. Near perfect day, low track numbers and minimal incidents. Props to Racer 5 for doing a great job
    Last edited by Fiery254; 05-04-2012 at 07:04 AM.
    Spineless swines. Cemented minds.