The Bike Yard-Worth The drive

Thread: The Bike Yard-Worth The drive

Thumbs up The Bike Yard-Worth The drive

o.k., here is my first post, and if I missed post this, then I would like this to be posted in the correct section.

I wish to share a fantastic experience at The Bike Yard. This shop is easily found at http://www.bikeyard.com/
    It is located up on Airport Rd, just before highway 9. It is located in a side of a house. Lots of parts and a really cool guy who is very experience with bikes.

I first needed a certification, he recommended me to a shop in Brampton. This was his first e mail back to me.

We are not doing safety inspections since our station changed locations and we did not reapply with the ministry. I can recommend a good shop in Brampton that will treat you right.
    J&M Automotive (Joe)
    905-459-4041

For the radio problem call Lou at Sounder Light In Orangeville.
    He is a radio expert and very knowledgeable on motorcycles. Good guy/good prices.
    519-942-2410

Jand M was excellent and Joe did me fantastic. 100 dollars for a certification, flush , oil change and a general look and tightening of all lose screws. Joe also told me that he felt uncomfortable with electrical and said I would do better if I used the recommendations from The Bike Yard for my broken radio.

About two weeks latter, my head light died and I knew that I had some major issues with my electrical system.( LED lights, radio, head lights, etc.) It seemed every time, I took my bike out, I was losing something electrical.

I went to many different places in Mississauga to Brampton and was some what concerned with information I received from shops and mechanics. I will not bash these shops, but I realize that many of these people were not honest. My gut told me this as some of the things they said did not make sence!

One point that really impressed me with The Bike Yard. He told me it is 60 dollars for productive time, meaning no charge for drinking a coffee or reading the manual. He also told me that if he could fix the problem, he would charge me only a third of labour and free parts relays etc.. He was confident in his work and ethics. It felt safe.

The next day he phoned and gave me a full detail info on the wiring system of my bike, the problem, approx. price and basically the truth.

The bike works perfect. I recommend him, the drive is worth it and I have chosen him to be my mechanic for my bike.

Lastly, I just want to say that I did meet the radio expert in Orangeville, he was called into the Bike Yard because of my bike. I meat him and had the same good feeling about him as I had about the bike yard.
    So this is my fav. place, great prices, workers with experience and knowledge
    Chuckster at The Dawn of Evel

Re: The Bike Yard-Worth The drive

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	good times 008.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	94.3 KB 
ID:	28183I wish I could show you my bike, but having difficulty uploading here. Here it is in a small picture
    Last edited by The_Dawn_of_Evel; 04-18-2012 at 05:02 PM. Reason: adding the picture of my bike

Re: The Bike Yard-Worth The drive

I used to go to The Bike Yard at their old location on Arrow Road. They're a bunch of knowledgeable and nice guys.
    Well-weathered leather
    Hot metal and oil
    The scented country air
    Sunlight on chrome
    The blur of the landscape
    Every nerve aware

Rush - Red Barchetta