Montreal Area

Thread: Montreal Area

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Montreal Area

I used to live in Pointe Claire (a west island community) and would almost always use the 540/40 route onto the island from the west - even though my house was closer to the 20. The 20 is a pain due to the extra traffic lights that you encounter. I was through that area on the 20 last November and it had not changed since I lived there - I was wishing I took the 40 like I used to.

The route that vince492 shared (20-540-40-25-20) looks better than the 20/Pont Champlain route. Its been a while, but I've been stuck in traffic on that bridge more times that I care to remember. The suggestion is partly based on the fact that the 25 corsses south way past the downtown core. Take it with a grain of salt - I lived on the west island and neve actually used the 25 much.

Re: Montreal Area

Quote Originally Posted by iav8 View Post
    I used to live in Pointe Claire (a west island community) and would almost always use the 540/40 route onto the island from the west - even though my house was closer to the 20. The 20 is a pain due to the extra traffic lights that you encounter. I was through that area on the 20 last November and it had not changed since I lived there - I was wishing I took the 40 like I used to.
    I lived off Delmar for a decade, and the past 10 years we've been going to the Brome Fair during the Labour Day long weekend.

We drag the tent trailer with us, and try to avoid as much traffic as possible, hence bailing onto the south shore at Valleyfield.
    o~`o
    VSRI #1930
    The most common problem with motorcycles is the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.