Got my M2, But gotta wait for the wheels..

Thread: Got my M2, But gotta wait for the wheels..

Got my M2, But gotta wait for the wheels..

Hey everyone, Just wanted to put up my first post on the forum to introduce myself.

My names Nick, I`ve lived in Scarborough all my life and have been riding on the dirt since I was knee high to a grasshopper. After a few years of not riding dirtbikes because of an injury and financial circumstances, I took the plunge last year and got my M1 and soon after I got my M2 (Woo!). As for right now I`m just finishing up my second year of Automotive Engineering at UOIT and as a student don`t really have the cash to buy myself a bike and insure it myself (I think the saying goes that you know your a Uni student when your bank account matches your GPA ).

Lucky for me, however, my dad (who got me hooked on 2-wheelers when I was young) also rides, and after he himself not having a bike for 12 odd years finally decided it was time to also get back in the saddle and just purchased a 2012 Royal Enfield Desert Storm! I consider myself super lucky that my dad is even letting me ride his bike on occasion and am thankful to have the chance to ride without having to fork the cash out for insurance on my own bike. But I`d really like to start saving for a new bike of my own.

A few months ago it was leaked that N. America will be getting the KTM duke 350 for 2013 and I`m super stoked about it, so I`ve decided to start saving my pennies for it! Normally, I`m a very impatient and impulsive person but after finding out that the duke could be coming to canada I`ve decided to reform my ways and start puttin`money in the bank (after paying for my tuition of course!), so I can go riding with my dad, and commute to school in the spring and fall (when the weather permits).

Anyways, I just wanted to say my piece so I can get chatting with everyone on here and see what the buzz is like about riding in the GTA.

Thanks,
    Nick

Re: Got my M2, But gotta wait for the wheels..

You have a good plan. I hope it pans out, because I'm sure your dad would rather go riding with you and your own bike, rather than wondering when your going to bring his bike back.

Re: Got my M2, But gotta wait for the wheels..

Welcome to the forum!

It's respectable that you know what you want and are working hard for that bike haha. I got to UOIT as well. Maybe I'll see that duke 350 around next year.
    '08 Hurricane White CBR125R - SOLD
    '11 Metallic Black CBR 250RA