Stunt bike loan? Help?

Thread: Stunt bike loan? Help?

Stunt bike loan? Help?

So my situation is this;

I am looking to meet someone with a 'stunt bike' so that I can get the 'feel' for a standup style wheelie. I got pretty good at sit downs on my previous bike but could never get the feel for the standup. It just kind of felt like I was leaning back too much, which is odd as sitdowns were comfortable for me.

So what i'm looking for is just a bike that maybe has a crash cage that I can raise the front a couple times slow speed to get the feel for the front coming up in that position.

I realize there is a stunt school but it seems that it's way out east.

I promise that I will treat your bike with the utmost respect, I'm not trying to 12 o'clock it or anything, merely a foot or so off the ground just so I establish that comfort. The reason I ask is I no longer have my 750 and my new bike is a limited edition R1, the exhaust was $3K alone and I don't want to risk it.

I will pay, trade, whatever works. I realize this is a long shot, but I promise I am mature and will respect your stunt bike. This is how I imagine this going: I hop on your bike, do a few laps in the lot. Ideally your bike is geared and I can just roll it on in first in the staggered position and get a feel for the front coming up a foot or so, then i'm done. That's all I need.

Thanks in advance to anyone who's willing to help me out.

Re: Stunt bike loan? Help?

Quote Originally Posted by younggorilla View Post
    So my situation is this;

I am looking to meet someone with a 'stunt bike' so that I can get the 'feel' for a standup style wheelie. I got pretty good at sit downs on my previous bike but could never get the feel for the standup. It just kind of felt like I was leaning back too much, which is odd as sitdowns were comfortable for me.

So what i'm looking for is just a bike that maybe has a crash cage that I can raise the front a couple times slow speed to get the feel for the front coming up in that position.

I realize there is a stunt school but it seems that it's way out east.

I promise that I will treat your bike with the utmost respect, I'm not trying to 12 o'clock it or anything, merely a foot or so off the ground just so I establish that comfort. The reason I ask is I no longer have my 750 and my new bike is a limited edition R1, the exhaust was $3K alone and I don't want to risk it.

I will pay, trade, whatever works. I realize this is a long shot, but I promise I am mature and will respect your stunt bike. This is how I imagine this going: I hop on your bike, do a few laps in the lot. Ideally your bike is geared and I can just roll it on in first in the staggered position and get a feel for the front coming up a foot or so, then i'm done. That's all I need.

Thanks in advance to anyone who's willing to help me out.

Kinda weird you want to do a couple laps and pop the wheel up a foot or so? i dont see why you can just do that on a R1, are you even looking to get into stunting? or jus squid it up for your buddys? and for your $3000 doller comment...if you really wanted to learn this maybe you should buy or use another exhaust like your stock one and get out there.. stunt parts arent cheap maybe you know this since you dont wanna build one?...This is how i imagine this going: you hope on dudes bike do your laps(never on a geared bike) and think its jus like your old bike..and... vroom vroom yuugght yugghht,..... and you now lost an R1....
    good luck
    ftp

Hell if this isnt a joke and you wanna ride that limited edition r1 to durham region and try out my stunt bike for some cash...sure.. just know your not leaving with that bike if you cartwheel mine..
    Are you serious with this??? what kind of cash we talking bout?

P.S bike is a fully set up stunt bike...think your man enough??
    Last edited by BnASoldier; 04-18-2012 at 07:22 PM.

i'll help you with this. pm

either you can help him or you cant guys, no need for your opinions. If he gave me 500$ ill let him learn for 4-5 hours on mine, I fully understand what he wants and if he is willing to pay, no problemo...
    WINNING!

Thanks baljci.

My request has nothing to do with wanting to 'squid it up'. I don't know why you would even say that. Aren't wheelies the standard trick everyone learns first if they wanted to get into stunting? You're just assuming I want to do this so I can do it on the highway aren't you?

Fact is, it's something that I cannot do and it bothers me. The R1 powerband is not forgiving for learning a new position, too much happening too fast, with poor technique I am not comfortable with it. First gear will be much too touchy to learn (power hits hard and suddenly), 2nd gear will require clutch or higher speed and this means too much happening at once.

Anyways I met up with a member and did exactly that, 20 attempts and I'm fine, no problems as expected. And now i'm comfortable enough to know what to expect to practice on my R1 and someone is $100 richer.

Quote Originally Posted by younggorilla View Post
    Thanks baljci.

My request has nothing to do with wanting to 'squid it up'. I don't know why you would even say that. Aren't wheelies the standard trick everyone learns first if they wanted to get into stunting? You're just assuming I want to do this so I can do it on the highway aren't you?

Fact is, it's something that I cannot do and it bothers me. The R1 powerband is not forgiving for learning a new position, too much happening too fast, with poor technique I am not comfortable with it. First gear will be much too touchy to learn (power hits hard and suddenly), 2nd gear will require clutch or higher speed and this means too much happening at once.

Anyways I met up with a member and did exactly that, 20 attempts and I'm fine, no problems as expected. And now i'm comfortable enough to know what to expect to practice on my R1 and someone is $100 richer.
    cool.
    Born 2 Ride

Is the guy from Hamilton younggorilla? I want him to show how to on my bike, Im having problems too heh
    WINNING!

You know, it's something I'd be interested in doing as well. Pay a couple hundred bucks to practice stunting in a controlled environment for a few hours.

I'd love to see offerings from Humber and Durham College

tentativly im willing to let someone give wheelies a shot on my bike... Gotta be a good chemestry for me to allow some one to do it but hey, gotta learn on something and Im more than happy to make back some of my investment in my bike to let some one pop the wheel once or twice... Im not a pro, I cant wheelie verry well my self, or at all as far as seasoned stunters are concearned but still... Stock gears, bikes ok to go down as thats why i bought it...

Hell hook me up with a cage or some one selling a cage and Ill rent the friggin thing out lol!

Wonder how hard / expensive it would be to build a wheelie machine like you see on youtube. That would be great for learning basic technique

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ik4kxmw-dFw