Cold hands

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cold hands

Cold hands

My hands get really cold when riding in anything under 15 degrees, gloves don't help much. Any suggestions?

Re: Cold hands

you gotta get good gloves, then. I have a pair of perforated leather gloves that do nothing in the cold, so I went out and bought full on cold weather riding gloves. They are kind of bulky, so I don't use them often, but when I do my hands sweat even in the coldest winds

A more complicated solution would be hand guards or heated grips

There are little chemical packs I buy for skiing. You shake them and they heat up for a number of hours, and place them inside your glove. Works well in the mid term until you find something more appropriate, or the below 15 degree weather leaves us.

Pick them up at sports check or the like.
    2009 Kawi ZX6r Ninja Monster Energy Edition
    2009 Kawi EX650

Quote Originally Posted by tricky View Post
    you gotta get good gloves, then. I have a pair of perforated leather gloves that do nothing in the cold, so I went out and bought full on cold weather riding gloves. They are kind of bulky, so I don't use them often, but when I do my hands sweat even in the coldest winds

A more complicated solution would be hand guards or heated grips
    +1

Exactly what I do, and I have 5W heated grips.
    My hands were sweating when I finished my half hour highway commute this morning at -4 degrees.

Make sure they are wind-proof and lined and your good to go.
    2001 CBR F4i

" they say at 100mph water feels like concrete ,so you can imagine what concrete feels like " - Nicky Hayden

Also have heated grips and wear a pair of leather insulated waterproof breathable riding gloves...rode in today at -2C with no issues...
    Ignorance is heading off without knowing the dangers involved.
    Stupidity is trying something without knowing what the chance of death is.
    Bravery is going into something knowing if you die its your own fault.
    Adventure is a self determined mix of all three of the above.

dude you're soft....My hands don't get cold unless its less than 5 degrees, 15....you gotta be shittin me. Get a pair of thin undergloves or use rubber doctor gloves, easy to carry and work wonders

Quote Originally Posted by LoneRonin View Post
    dude you're soft
    Ecto • 2006 Honda VeeFourRoad 800A (Pearl Black)
    I'm too sexy for my turban.

Who needs gloves anyways?
    Ride bare hands till they get numb, and you won't feel cold anymore!
    HONDA SHADOW AERO BAGGER
    Look for a glowing white bike

wear some nitrile/vinyl gloves.

works wonders

C'mon, i rode in my alpine stars summer gloves this morning, just suck it up and put your hands on your engine every time you get a chance lol works for me

Are your hands only cold when you ride or do they got cold all the time? Reason I ask is me feet get cold all the time even in summer, turns out to be a cerculation problem. Could be the same for you.
    I know when I ride mt snowmobile my hands get cold no matter what gloves I use but thats ushely in -10 or colder.

Prevex helps a bit too. It was recommended by guys that work in the freezers at Baskin Robbins.

I have a pair of Joe Rocket Ballistic gloves that are slightly insulated. I can wear a pair of those one size fits all mini gloves inside and am ok down to 10C or so. Easter weekend I rode 350km in 2C weather and just stopped every hour to stretch and regain feeling in my fingers.

dude you're soft....My hands don't get cold unless its less than 5 degrees, 15....you gotta be shittin me. Get a pair of thin undergloves or use rubber doctor gloves, easy to carry and work wonders
    bahaha sorry OP, that was funny though.

I just suck it up in cold weather but I'll jam my hands down into the birdy cage at stop lights when it's freezing out. Also, when I'm warming up my bike I stick my gloves into the same spot to get them toasty. Warmth only lasts a couple min though.

Hey maybe he meant 15f I dunno...

Invest in the heated grips as lightcycle suggested. You can purchase a set of Symtec for under $50 from a Parts Canada or Importation Thibault dealer.

Princess Auto sells ATV Mitts for under 20 dollars, but they can be a bit hard to get your hands in and out of at stoplights.

I really prefer heated grips to winter gloves and the like, as you can wear summer gloves for longer into the riding season, and if your hands get wet they keep working to keep you warm.

http://rottenxxxronnie.blogspot.ca/2...mer-kit-w.html
    Last edited by Rotten_Ronnie; 04-19-2012 at 10:32 AM.

Ride Reports and other drivel
    '08 Suzuki DR650E
    '04 Kawasaki KLR 685 (For Sale)
    '05 Honda VFR800a Interceptor (SOLD)

'01 Suzuki Bandit GSF600s (what the deer left of it)
    '94 Suzuki GS500E (SOLD)
    MC Instructor www.LearningCurves.ca

I wear doe skin gloves that I bought at Costco $40 for 2 pairs. All but the very tips of my fingers stay warm on 0C days.
    Above 12C and my hands are sweating in them.

Actually I had some real trouble with circulation in my hands while taking the m1 course recently. Kept having to shake my arms to get the blood flowing. It was really cold and I ended up with slight case of frost bite on the tips of my fingers. I think it's mostly to do with blood flow.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotten_Ronnie View Post
    Invest in the heated grips as lightcycle suggested. You can purchase a set of Symtec for under $50 from a Parts Canada or Importation Thibault dealer.

Princess Auto sells ATV Mitts for under 20 dollars, but they can be a bit hard to get your hands in and out of at stoplights.

I really prefer heated grips to winter gloves and the like, as you can wear summer gloves for longer into the riding season, and if your hands get wet they keep working to keep you warm.

http://rottenxxxronnie.blogspot.ca/2...mer-kit-w.html
    Have those grips. Heck ripped off the nice but cold metal isos I had to put the stock grips with the pads underneath. Now granted I am female and am always cold but I love the grips. Very useful when I hit NS last July and it was cold enough to see your breath.
    Caught between the good girl, bad girl thing

Support my fight to end cancer in our lifetime - UPDATED 2012
    http://www.conquercancer.ca/goto/BikerCat13

04' VStar 1100
    '08 Suzuki Boulevard S40
    '74 CB360T

Instructor www.learningcurves.ca/