Procedure to buying used parts

Thread: Procedure to buying used parts

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Procedure to buying used parts

Quote Originally Posted by wagmar View Post
    Okay so after our chat in the other topic about buying parts I came up with a little procedure.

>Only meet @ sellers home...ask to come in for a coffee ( this way if its stolen you know where he lives )
    >Ask for a typed out bill of sale, two copies signed, one for him one for you ( proof of purchase of your brake lines or what ever part it is)
    >Make them show you ownership of the bike that hes selling the parts off and double check the vins on his bike
    >Tripple check buy calling a dealer/ DMV to run the vin
    >Ask for his drivers license and snap a picture of it.
    >Ask to have a picture taken of the two of you exchanging the parts and shaking hands ( that way you have even more proof that he was the previous owner of the brake lines)
    >And then when you leave mention to them that if these parts are stolen you will directly point the police to him.

>Then expect nobody else in the gta or stuntride forum to ever sell you used parts again.
    >Then go out and start buying all brand new OEM parts from your manufacture....ask for bill of sale of course.

Just some tips that a few track guys inspired me to come up with.

Happy Hump day folks.

I'm pretty sure they all just mentioned using.....wait for it.......Common Sense!!!!
    "When you invite the whole world to your party, inevitably someone pees in the beer."

Visit Sponsors of GTAM!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    I'm pretty sure they all just mentioned using.....wait for it.......Common Sense!!!!
    uhhh using? Im pretty sure before "using" a part you need to purchase it? duhhhh wait for it.....duhhhh

hope you all understand that was sarcasm...all in fun.
    Born 2 Ride

Where can I purchase common sense? and how do I make sure it wasn't stolen...?
    I think I may have some stolen common sense on my ride, what should I do?

I think you forgot to ask what his SIN# is and the names of children and what school they go to.
    2001 CBR F4i

" they say at 100mph water feels like concrete ,so you can imagine what concrete feels like " - Nicky Hayden

Or you could just not buy bikes with ground down VIN numbers, and/or re-stamped with less digits then VIN numbers actually contain...An ownership would probably be a good idea to have with it also...

Common sense doesn't seem to be too common around here

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyP636 View Post
    Or you could just not buy bikes with ground down VIN numbers, and/or re-stamped with less digits then VIN numbers actually contain...An ownership would probably be a good idea to have with it also...

Common sense doesn't seem to be too common around here
    How dare you introduce sound reasoning and logic into this thread!!!!!!111111111oneoenoneoneoneoneone
    Peeing in the gene pool...

Quote Originally Posted by RockerGuy View Post
    I have a feeling she might gut me while I sleep and make love to my organs in a bathtub
    DISCLAIMER: This forum requires thick skin. I will not be held accountable for your inability to take internet sarcasm, but I might be held accountable for your mom walking bow legged this morning...