Plate sticker ticket!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Plate sticker ticket!!!

Plate sticker ticket!!!

Hey guys,

Got pulled over today. Cop gave me a ticket for not having the plate sticker on the registration. I had no idea there is a white smaller sticker that goes on the registration and one obviously on the plate (First time doing this). Wrote me 110 bucks for that small white sticker.. like wth..

I put the sticker on now.

What should I do? What options do I have. I know I can take it to court but is there a faster way. A buddy of mine told me something about talking to a prosecutor. Not sure how that works. Fill me in please!

Thanks!

FOR SOME REASON: My info is CLEARLY written in nice hand writing. However, the offense is written like chicken scratches. Im going to post a pic of it. I cant read what it says.
    Last edited by Bulza; 04-18-2012 at 11:02 AM.

Re: Plate sticker ticket!!!

i believe the new provincial offense notices have an "Option 2 - Early Resolution" on the back

where you can schedule a meeting with the prosecutor and discuss the ticket

It looks like it says:
    N/B Markham Rd

Motor Vehicle
    No current valid(?) permit

Book a court date, show your sticker, instant toss out. No cop will show up for something that minor.
    "I got a new spleen from a guy who liked to ride motorcycles". Fry, Futurama

My bike is a video star! youtube.com/watch?v=Ju9caIDWQ40

I want to get it over with asap. So going with early resolution is the best way? Is there a good chance the prosecutor will drop it? How fast is it to get an appointment?

Anyone have experience with this?

Thanks for the help guys!

If this is an offence that does not effect insurance rates than plead guilty with an explanation.

You'll probably get the fine cut in half (at least).

or get a trial date.
    -Matt
    1997 VFR750F RC36
    1986 VFR750F Honda Interceptor (sold)
    1986 Honda Interceptor VF500 (sold)
    enhanced by Platinum Powersports

Quote Originally Posted by PLau View Post
    It looks like it says:
    N/B Markham Rd

Motor Vehicle
    No current valid(?) permit
    No current validated permit

-Jamie M.
    Scarborough group ride 4.0! Every Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at KC!!! Facebook group!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItIsWhatItIs View Post
    In any case what difference does it make where you reduce the amount of teeth in a sprocket, front or rear? The effect will be the same. Most change the front sprocket because it's easier to source that sprocket. It's apparent, sprockets are not your strong suit.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Dress for the crash, not for the ride...

Quote Originally Posted by RetroGrouch View Post
    Book a court date, show your sticker, instant toss out. No cop will show up for something that minor.
    +1 I just went to court recently for the same charge and it was dropped. As long as you renewed your sticker promptly after receiving the ticket, just bring the receipt with you to court and it will likely be dismissed. Actually, when I went down to court it was the prosecutor I spoke with first who then told the judge that he was satisfied with the proof I had shown. So I guess it makes sense to go to first attendance and show the prosecutor the receipt. If he doesn't budge then just ask for a trial date and try again in court.

Here's a little info about this kind of ticket as described to me by the officer. There used to be a "48 hour" rule which meant that anyone caught with invalid documents (license, permit, etc) needed only to produce them at the local precinct within 48 hours to avoid a ticket. This no longer exists and officers are now required to hand out tickets instead but courts are fairly lenient with these charges so long as the documents are brought up to date promptly.

Good luck!

Just wanted to clarify. I have a VALID 2013 JAN sticker posted on my plate. I got the TICKET for not having that little white sticker (get along with the plate sticker) on the registration.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulza View Post
    Just wanted to clarify. I have a VALID 2013 JAN sticker posted on my plate. I got the TICKET for not having that little white sticker (get along with the plate sticker) on the registration.
    Yep, it's no probs. Go to court, show them your ownership with the new white sticker on it = ticket tossed.

-Jamie M.
    Scarborough group ride 4.0! Every Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at KC!!! Facebook group!!
    In any case what difference does it make where you reduce the amount of teeth in a sprocket, front or rear? The effect will be the same. Most change the front sprocket because it's easier to source that sprocket. It's apparent, sprockets are not your strong suit.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Quote Originally Posted by toysareforboys View Post
    Yep, it's no probs. Go to court, show them your ownership with the new white sticker on it = ticket tossed.

-Jamie M.
    If I set up an appointment with the prosecutor ( faster process) that should be fine too?

If I set up an appointment with the prosecutor ( faster process) that should be fine too?
    Yep, but if he offers to lower the fine in exchange for a guilty plea tell him to F RIGHT OFF. Plead not guilty, make down you want to contest the officers evidence, you want him present, and you have legal representation. On your court day just show the prosecutor the ownership with the sticker and they'll toss it at that time.

-Jamie M.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

okay thanks !!!

I get what you got the ticket for... the question is; what did you get pulled over for?

Never knew that was needed...when I did an address change on a vehicle with a current valid sticker I was given a new ownership. There was no new sticker to go with it.
    1998 Honda VFR800 -Current
    1982 Honda VF750S -Sold

Quote Originally Posted by silverbullet132 View Post
    Never knew that was needed...when I did an address change on a vehicle with a current valid sticker I was given a new ownership. There was no new sticker to go with it.
    That is a VERY nitpick of a ticket. Pretty lame how the OP got one.

The officer was either looking for something to ding the OP with cause of something he did, or cause said LEO isn't very nice.
    Last edited by slowbird; 04-18-2012 at 03:19 AM.
    -Matt
    1997 VFR750F RC36
    1986 VFR750F Honda Interceptor (sold)
    1986 Honda Interceptor VF500 (sold)
    enhanced by Platinum Powersports

Quote Originally Posted by silverbullet132 View Post
    if you look at your new ownership, the sticker serial number is printed on the front (at the top) if I remember correctly... If it's not there then it's somewhere else on your ownership.
    "I disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

01001001 00100111 01100100 00100000 01010010
    01100001 01110100 01101000 01100101 01110010
    00100000 01000010 01100101 00100000 01010010
    01101001 01100100 01101001 01101110 01100111

Quote Originally Posted by slowbird View Post
    That is a VERY nitpick of a ticket. Pretty lame how the OP got one.

The officer was either looking for something to ding the OP with cause of something he did, or cause said LEO isn't very nice.
    The sticker on your permit is evidence that you didn't just steal the plate sticker off someone else's vehicle, so it's not really a 'nitpick.' Almost got nailed for that one, myself, because the dealer I bought a new bike from didn't bother to affix the sticker to the ownership.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacLennan View Post
    The sticker on your permit is evidence that you didn't just steal the plate sticker off someone else's vehicle, so it's not really a 'nitpick.' Almost got nailed for that one, myself, because the dealer I bought a new bike from didn't bother to affix the sticker to the ownership.
    Interesting heads up. When I renew I hand the paperwork and cash to the nice lady and she does all of the peel and stick with the exception of the plate. Depending on the weather I do that in the parking lot or when I get home (If it's raining).
    I haven't moved for ages so don't know what stickers get generated on a change of address. Has there been a cutback on sticker sticking by the licence office staff?
    Also if doing multiple vehicles remember the serial numbers on the stickers have to match the paperwork and plates.

Quote Originally Posted by nobbie48 View Post
    Interesting heads up. When I renew I hand the paperwork and cash to the nice lady and she does all of the peel and stick with the exception of the plate. Depending on the weather I do that in the parking lot or when I get home (If it's raining).
    I haven't moved for ages so don't know what stickers get generated on a change of address. Has there been a cutback on sticker sticking by the licence office staff?
    Also if doing multiple vehicles remember the serial numbers on the stickers have to match the paperwork and plates.
    Yes thats what I thought too. Its the lady that usually does the "stickering". This was just a waste of my time and courts time.