300 km/h motorcycle ride shocks Vancouver Island police - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 300 km/h motorcycle ride shocks Vancouver Island police

Re: 300 km/h motorcycle ride shocks Vancouver Island police

Beyond stupid. Gives other bikers a bad name. Hope he gets everything coming to him. Moron doesn't even have a license.
    2010 Kawasaki Vulcan 900

Quote Originally Posted by jeffjones View Post
    Well if your speedometer is off that much, I would return the bike to the manufacturer as it is illegal to have a speedo off more then +/- 10% from the factory. Its weird out of all the bikes manufactured yours is the only one that is off that much stock???

So either you have the gearing changed and don't know or the completely wrong sized tires.

But since you have been riding for 30 years that must make you an expert..........hey, my mom has been driving for 40 years and she still doesn't know how to change a tire........I guess she is an expert too though.....
    Honestly, I don't really believe he has a speedometerlets see a picture of your cbr speedometer
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Alex

Quote Originally Posted by krrakt View Post
    Well the bmw s1000rr has a top speed of 299 with a governor, as the zx14 and the busa. OK the BMW is the only litre bike but I don't think it is too hard to get an R1 to go over 300, hell I got my FZ up to 265 and that bike is only a 750.

Most modern litre bikes can easilly pass 300 kp/h. GP bikes most times are not geared for top end. IF you gear an R1 for top end without any other mods besides re-mapping (changing governor settings), 300 is no problem.

Any R1 owners want to chime in here. I have never owned a fuel injected bike, I don't know the tehnical details of what needs to be done. Although I'm certain it can be.

Look up the speed records at bonneville, you have 500cc normally aspirated bikes coming close to the 300 mark.

here is the link.
    http://www.scta-bni.org/Bonneville/BNI_records.htm
    At those speeds a couple of km/h takes a lot more hp. Bikes aren't exactly aerodynamic.

A speedo reading of 299 is way less. You would think making a busa pass 200 mph should be simple.......not as simple as you might think.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffjones View Post
    But since you have been riding for 30 years that must make you an expert..........hey, my mom has been driving for 40 years and she still doesn't know how to change a tire........I guess she is an expert too though.....
    what make me an expert is
    the daytona win i have
    the pro 750 prodution win (national)
    the pro 600 supersport win (national)
    the 2nd place pro superbike (national)
    the 2 pro superbike win (regional)
    and the more the 10 top 3 overall in the championships
    and the pro open overall championship trophy i have sitting in my house

yes your right i dont have a clue.
    soooo what is your back gound that make you an expert.
    fastest i have ever gone is 178.mph at daytona international speedway. on a zx856.

Quote Originally Posted by freedomfighter View Post
    soooo what is your back gound that make you an expert.

Physics and Automotive legal standards that allows no more then +/- 10% error.
    2001 CBR F4i

" they say at 100mph water feels like concrete ,so you can imagine what concrete feels like " - Nicky Hayden

Ok. Magazines are all liars and cannot be trusted. How about event results from, say, standing mile competitions?

http://www.texasmile.net/records.php

Im not sure if a stock liter bike hits its top speed within 1 mile from a standing start or not, but an R1 in the factory stock classification hit 183 mph in the 2007 event.

Quote Originally Posted by freedomfighter View Post
    i still have the mag were they talk about the r6 is the only bike to have a 17500 red line. it was only until months later were people were putting them on dynos to find out it was no were near that.
    i aso have the mag were they said the 1990 zx6 wieght in at 456lbs (wet) i striped the crap out of mine removing the usualy loosing the dual exhaust even spending 2 months drilling out the centers of all the big bolts. and when it got to the scale at daytona international speedway it wieght it at 490lbs (with no gas) so i dont care what a mag says.

Hope they catch this dumb *** and throw him jail. It is moron like this rider that makes it difficult for the rest of the SS riders with the police and the community's we live in. His disregard for the safety of other motorists on the road indicates his IQ level. Go to a track if you want to push your bike to the limit.