300 km/h motorcycle ride shocks Vancouver Island police - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 300 km/h motorcycle ride shocks Vancouver Island police

Re: 300 km/h motorcycle ride shocks Vancouver Island police

Quote Originally Posted by freedomfighter View Post
    well lets see. at monza race track you have wsb bikes with 220 plus hp and 350 lbs and million $ teams behind them. only doing 316km
    and you think a stock 02 r1 is going over or close to 300km ..yea give your head a shake.
    The speedo did read over 300, but is only capable of displaying 299. That doesn't mean it's anywhere near accurate. My 636 speedo was 10% error. So even at 300+ it was probably only 270.
    Quote Originally Posted by Amazon
    N3WMAN is my ride
    2006 ZX-6R PART OUT

Quote Originally Posted by N3WMAN View Post
    The speedo did read over 300, but is only capable of displaying 299. That doesn't mean it's anywhere near accurate. My 636 speedo was 10% error. So even at 300+ it was probably only 270.
    this is how acutate todays speedo are.
    i have a 04 cbr1000rr. and another guy at the donut shop has the same bike.
    we both have the same gearing.
    but there is a 37km speed differance (at a 100km) in our speedo.hes shows 100km mine shows 137km
    so if you belive what you see on your speedo i have a bridge to sell you in mexico.

but there is a 37km speed differance (at a 100km) in our speedo.hes shows 100km mine shows 137km
    so if you belive what you see on your speedo i have a bridge to sell you in mexico.
    Your speedo shouldn't be 37% off at 100 km/h. Even if your friend's speedo is +18% and yours is -18%, that's still way too much. Put a GPS in front of you on a mount and check the difference. Mine showed ~6% difference at 100 km/h, which is about normal.

Obviously both of you have changed your gearing from stock and one of you have a speedohealer and the other doesn't.
    There is no way they are off that much from the factory.
    2001 CBR F4i

" they say at 100mph water feels like concrete ,so you can imagine what concrete feels like " - Nicky Hayden

+1.

well lets see. at monza race track you have wsb bikes with 220 plus hp and 350 lbs and million $ teams behind them. only doing 316km
    and you think a stock 02 r1 is going over or close to 300km ..yea give your head a shake.
    A 2004-2006 R1, which is the generation of R1 in that video, has been radar tested by various magazines to hit 295 kph bone stock, which most ppl would consider "close" to 300kph.

Quote Originally Posted by mma01 View Post
    A 2004-2006 R1, which is the generation of R1 in that video, has been radar tested by various magazines to hit 295 kph bone stock, which most ppl would consider "close" to 300kph.
    yes and magazines never lye...remember the 06 r6 red line ) ..it was no were close.or the rx8 mazda and its 400hp(but actualy had like 250hp magazines print what they are told to.why tic off the big companys and they wont advertise in your mag anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffjones View Post
    Obviously both of you have changed your gearing from stock and one of you have a speedohealer and the other doesn't.
    There is no way they are off that much from the factory.
    wrong.we both had the same gearing (this means the same theeth count)...ive been riding since 1982(racing dirt from 1983/87) and racing street bikes since 1990..i'm pretty sure i know how to compare apples to apples.
    you dont want to accecpt that speedo are out to lunch because your delusion of how fast you think you are would be crushed

Quote Originally Posted by ViperZ View Post
    Your speedo shouldn't be 37% off at 100 km/h. Even if your friend's speedo is +18% and yours is -18%, that's still way too much. Put a GPS in front of you on a mount and check the difference. Mine showed ~6% difference at 100 km/h, which is about normal.
    i'm not a fan of gps either. my buddys dodge duelly deasel. on his gps it said from one point to another he was driving at a speed of 386kmh which is impossible.

i'm not a fan of gps either. my buddys dodge duelly deasel. on his gps it said from one point to another he was driving at a speed of 386kmh which is impossible.
    Not if he has a turbo on it, along with 10000 stickers all over the truck.
    www.thetoyhauler.ca
    Inferno is the new GTAM P.I.M.P.

I have around there logged as my top speed as well, I think it is 326km/hr.

Iy happened I think when I had it turned off and then turned it on and when it skipped fom where I was when it died to where it was when I turned it on it got that reading.

I just tell my non-rider friends I threw it in my backpack on a high-speed test on the bike and thats what I hit
    2001 CBR F4i

" they say at 100mph water feels like concrete ,so you can imagine what concrete feels like " - Nicky Hayden

wrong.we both had the same gearing (this means the same theeth count)...ive been riding since 1982(racing dirt from 1983/87) and racing street bikes since 1990..i'm pretty sure i know how to compare apples to apples.
    you dont want to accecpt that speedo are out to lunch because your delusion of how fast you think you are would be crushed
    At the end of the day does +\- 40 km/h at speeds 200+ really matter? If you hit something it's still going to effin hurt lol what a childish debate. Lol who cares. If I hit something at those kind of speeds I'm not sure I'd want to live to find out what life would be like.
    FPR - Fat. Power. Ranger

"It takes me more to share the back seat on my bike then the spot next to me in bed"

1) I never said you didn't have the same gearing as the other rider, I said they were most likely a different gear ratio then stock.
    2) Do you have a speedohealer? I am assuming you don't as your speedo was the higher one.
    3) Please stop as your little rant there is just full of fail.

you don’t want to accept that speedo are out to lunch because your delusion of how fast you think you are would be crushed
    Where did this come from lol, I believe you are the one doing 100km/hr thinking you’re doing 137km/hr.
    I know it’s difficult for some people to come to a simple and logical explanation as I pointed out other than its a speedometer conspiracy.
    You internet ego has fully inflated making it difficult to see the obvious.

2001 CBR F4i

yes and magazines never lye...remember the 06 r6 red line ) ..it was no were close.or the rx8 mazda and its 400hp(but actualy had like 250hp magazines print what they are told to.why tic off the big companys and they wont advertise in your mag anymore.
    Your "evidence" that magazines lie and therefore cannot be trusted in any instance doesnt make sense. In the case of the R6, it was the manfacturer that made the claim of the redline, which was proved to be optimistic by the magazines. But according to your theory, the magazines are so beholden to Yamaha for their advertising dollars and should have just kept quiet about it, right??? Same with the RX8. It was Mazda that made the hp claim that was subsequently disproved by a magazine.

The point is, multiple magazines have radar tested that generation of R1 and come up with mid 180 mph top speeds.

Well the bmw s1000rr has a top speed of 299 with a governor, as the zx14 and the busa. OK the BMW is the only litre bike but I don't think it is too hard to get an R1 to go over 300, hell I got my FZ up to 265 and that bike is only a 750.

Most modern litre bikes can easilly pass 300 kp/h. GP bikes most times are not geared for top end. IF you gear an R1 for top end without any other mods besides re-mapping (changing governor settings), 300 is no problem.

Any R1 owners want to chime in here. I have never owned a fuel injected bike, I don't know the tehnical details of what needs to be done. Although I'm certain it can be.

Look up the speed records at bonneville, you have 500cc normally aspirated bikes coming close to the 300 mark.

here is the link.
    http://www.scta-bni.org/Bonneville/BNI_records.htm
    Last edited by krrakt; 04-27-2012 at 10:34 AM.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Alex

Quote Originally Posted by jeffjones View Post

1) I never said you didn't have the same gearing as the other rider, I said they were most likely a different gear ratio then stock.
    2) Do you have a speedohealer? I am assuming you don't as your speedo was the higher one.
    3) Please stop as your little rant there is just full of fail.

Where did this come from lol, I believe you are the one doing 100km/hr thinking you’re doing 137km/hr.
    I know it’s difficult for some people to come to a simple and logical explanation as I pointed out other than its a speedometer conspiracy.
    You internet ego has fully inflated making it difficult to see the obvious.

i dont need a speedo healer i run the same theeth as stock.

Quote Originally Posted by krrakt View Post
    Well the bmw s1000rr has a top speed of 299 with a governor, as the zx14 and the busa. OK the BMW is the only litre bike but I don't think it is too hard to get an R1 to go over 300, hell I got my FZ up to 265 and that bike is only a 750.

Most modern litre bikes can easilly pass 300 kp/h. GP bikes most times are not geared for top end. IF you gear an R1 for top end without any other mods besides re-mapping (changing governor settings), 300 is no problem.

Any R1 owners want to chime in here. I have never owned a fuel injected bike, I don't know the tehnical details of what needs to be done. Although I'm certain it can be.

Look up the speed records at bonneville, you have 500cc normally aspirated bikes coming close to the 300 mark.

here is the link.
    http://www.scta-bni.org/Bonneville/BNI_records.htm
    your link does not prove a think(it kinda prove mine). those are race bikes . not bone stock .they were built for bonneville. your street bike would be left in the dust trying to race those thing.
    if you think you can just drive your bike there and race it your wrong.i would be like rolling up to an ama tech inspection with your street bike..they would laugh and tell you to stop wasting their time.

Quote Originally Posted by mma01 View Post
    Your "evidence" that magazines lie and therefore cannot be trusted in any instance doesnt make sense. In the case of the R6, it was the manfacturer that made the claim of the redline, which was proved to be optimistic by the magazines. But according to your theory, the magazines are so beholden to Yamaha for their advertising dollars and should have just kept quiet about it, right??? Same with the RX8. It was Mazda that made the hp claim that was subsequently disproved by a magazine.

The point is, multiple magazines have radar tested that generation of R1 and come up with mid 180 mph top speeds.
    i still have the mag were they talk about the r6 is the only bike to have a 17500 red line. it was only until months later were people were putting them on dynos to find out it was no were near that.
    i aso have the mag were they said the 1990 zx6 wieght in at 456lbs (wet) i striped the crap out of mine removing the usualy loosing the dual exhaust even spending 2 months drilling out the centers of all the big bolts. and when it got to the scale at daytona international speedway it wieght it at 490lbs (with no gas) so i dont care what a mag says.
    Last edited by freedomfighter; 04-27-2012 at 04:16 PM.

your link does not prove a think(it kinda prove mine). those are race bikes . not bone stock .they were built for bonneville. your street bike would be left in the dust trying to race those thing.
    if you think you can just drive your bike there and race it your wrong.i would be like rolling up to an ama tech inspection with your street bike..they would laugh and tell you to stop wasting their time.
    They are ALL types of bikes, did you see all of the catagories for each displacement. "PP" is the production chassis, production motor running regular gasoline. So NO, they are not all race bikes, there is every kind of bike including race bikes!

But anyway, YOU WIN. motorcycles can't go faster than 300 unless you have a million bucks...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Alex

i dont need a speedo healer i run the same theeth as stock.
    Well if your speedometer is off that much, I would return the bike to the manufacturer as it is illegal to have a speedo off more then +/- 10% from the factory. Its weird out of all the bikes manufactured yours is the only one that is off that much stock???

So either you have the gearing changed and don't know or the completely wrong sized tires.

But since you have been riding for 30 years that must make you an expert..........hey, my mom has been driving for 40 years and she still doesn't know how to change a tire........I guess she is an expert too though.....
    2001 CBR F4i