300 km/h motorcycle ride shocks Vancouver Island police

Thread: 300 km/h motorcycle ride shocks Vancouver Island police

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: 300 km/h motorcycle ride shocks Vancouver Island police

Quote Originally Posted by mma01 View Post
    Your "evidence" that magazines lie and therefore cannot be trusted in any instance doesnt make sense. In the case of the R6, it was the manfacturer that made the claim of the redline, which was proved to be optimistic by the magazines. But according to your theory, the magazines are so beholden to Yamaha for their advertising dollars and should have just kept quiet about it, right??? Same with the RX8. It was Mazda that made the hp claim that was subsequently disproved by a magazine.

The point is, multiple magazines have radar tested that generation of R1 and come up with mid 180 mph top speeds.
    i still have the mag were they talk about the r6 is the only bike to have a 17500 red line. it was only until months later were people were putting them on dynos to find out it was no were near that.
    i aso have the mag were they said the 1990 zx6 wieght in at 456lbs (wet) i striped the crap out of mine removing the usualy loosing the dual exhaust even spending 2 months drilling out the centers of all the big bolts. and when it got to the scale at daytona international speedway it wieght it at 490lbs (with no gas) so i dont care what a mag says.
    Last edited by freedomfighter; 04-27-2012 at 04:16 PM.

Ok. Magazines are all liars and cannot be trusted. How about event results from, say, standing mile competitions?

http://www.texasmile.net/records.php

Im not sure if a stock liter bike hits its top speed within 1 mile from a standing start or not, but an R1 in the factory stock classification hit 183 mph in the 2007 event.

Quote Originally Posted by freedomfighter View Post
    i still have the mag were they talk about the r6 is the only bike to have a 17500 red line. it was only until months later were people were putting them on dynos to find out it was no were near that.
    i aso have the mag were they said the 1990 zx6 wieght in at 456lbs (wet) i striped the crap out of mine removing the usualy loosing the dual exhaust even spending 2 months drilling out the centers of all the big bolts. and when it got to the scale at daytona international speedway it wieght it at 490lbs (with no gas) so i dont care what a mag says.

Hope they catch this dumb *** and throw him jail. It is moron like this rider that makes it difficult for the rest of the SS riders with the police and the community's we live in. His disregard for the safety of other motorists on the road indicates his IQ level. Go to a track if you want to push your bike to the limit.