Insurance for 20 Year Old M1 Driver

Thread: Insurance for 20 Year Old M1 Driver

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Insurance for 20 Year Old M1 Driver

At your age and experience make sure you have Vaseline handy...
    2001 CBR F4i

" they say at 100mph water feels like concrete ,so you can imagine what concrete feels like " - Nicky Hayden

Quote Originally Posted by jeffjones View Post
    At your age and experience make sure you have Vaseline handy...
    Multiple jars man.

You're going to hear this a lot. Wait one year then buy a bike. Yea, you wanna be the cool guy with a motorcycle but its not worth spending 4-5 thousand dollars just to be cool.
    Winter: '04 Acura TSX
    Summer: '06 Ninja 650R
    Daily: Coming Soon

same situation as you. But i have GM2 got it beginning of April and quote was 3700$ liability only on a 250 ninja..

Its either suck it up for 1 year or wait 1 year.

I'm not buying it to be cool lol. I'm buying it because I'd rather pay a bit more per month for insurance for my 35km commute to work everyday and back than pay 230ish a month for Sauga transit+metropass and have to sit in a subway crammed full of coughing sneezing people. Plus I get to build up motorcycle insurance history so I'm not paying up the *** later when I have to move out and cover rent also :P

I'm just trying to look for help on what is legitimately the most affordable insurance option for my situation. If it comes down to it, I'm going to bite the bullet and pay, but if I can save 1k somewhere, then I'm all for that. At least I build up something that will pay off later by doing this. I don't get reimbursed later in life paying for public transit ]:

Quote Originally Posted by sieg777 View Post
    I'm not buying it to be cool lol. I'm buying it because I'd rather pay a bit more per month for insurance for my 35km commute to work everyday and back than pay 230ish a month for Sauga transit+metropass and have to sit in a subway crammed full of coughing sneezing people. Plus I get to build up motorcycle insurance history so I'm not paying up the *** later when I have to move out and cover rent also :P

I'm just trying to look for help on what is legitimately the most affordable insurance option for my situation. If it comes down to it, I'm going to bite the bullet and pay, but if I can save 1k somewhere, then I'm all for that. At least I build up something that will pay off later by doing this. I don't get reimbursed later in life paying for public transit ]:

Just to let you know, majority of motorcycle insurance companies go by if you took the safety course and how long you have had your license, Not how long you have had insurance. So if you had insurance this year or not it will be the same as if you didn't have insurance.

And wait till winter when you are paying for insurance and a metro pass.....
    2001 CBR F4i

" they say at 100mph water feels like concrete ,so you can imagine what concrete feels like " - Nicky Hayden

Quote Originally Posted by Aznkid2000 View Post
    same situation as you. But i have GM2 got it beginning of April and quote was 3700$ liability only on a 250 ninja..

Its either suck it up for 1 year or wait 1 year.
    You got your M2 beginning of April and it was 3700 for liability only? Where did you get quoted that? I got quoted at 4600 for a GZ250 by TD Auto lmao /bringonthevaseline