Quote Originally Posted by Brian P View Post
Gear-change problems are often related to a bad clutch, and if yours is slipping, it's bad. Fix it. It is quite possible that not only is your clutch slipping under load, but it also may not be disengaging properly, and that will cause gear-changing problems.

Keep in mind that the change to 2nd gear will almost always be rougher than any other shift. Reason (1) it has to pass through neutral; (2) the change in ratio between 1st and 2nd is larger than any other in the box - the higher gears get progressively closer together - this means a larger change in engine speed when you do the 1st-to-2nd gearchange.
By fix it you do mean change all plates correct? and if need be, springs as well.
Now about the shifting irregularity, yes i did think of that, just wasnt sure if it was 100% normal, because of course not only are you passing through neutral but the amount of pull from first to second is felt much more than any other, i am in agreement with you 100% but now here comes my fear. because i have absolutely no clue how my machine functions internally, could it really be possible that the engagement of such gears are not aligned or have been damaged? i really do wish i had the time to do a FULLL takedown of my bike, i feel more confident in everything i own if i know how it ticks, call me a nerd or whatever, ive just been brought up that way (Father's a Professional tool and die maker with a short temper :P).