Power clutch wheelies (Go-Pro) - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Power clutch wheelies (Go-Pro)

Re: Power clutch wheelies (Go-Pro)

Nice wheelie!

I'd like to how to do wheelies on my cbr600rr. Just haven't nutted up to it yet. I've put about 15000 on it now, I know how the bike handles, but I'd like to see what a wheelie is like. Hard part is finding a good lot to practice. I want some space. If I lived out of town where there was no traffic I would use a road, but in TO...I'll find somewhere eventually. Looks simple enough...imagine you would start by releasing the clutch at higher rpms until you achieve the right lift.

wouldn't mind PM's of decent practice grounds.
    I don't ride a bike for safety.

Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    What's a power clutch wheelie??
    I was wondering the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by jay-d View Post
    I can't do wheelies

The only wheelies I can do are on my bicycle and that got stolen last summer
    LOL!! Golden.
    -Matt
    1997 VFR750F RC36
    1986 VFR750F Honda Interceptor (sold)
    1986 Honda Interceptor VF500 (sold)
    enhanced by Platinum Powersports

If you watch the video, you'll see!! First one is a power then the others are clutched up!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jenkins View Post
    If you watch the video, you'll see!! First one is a power then the others are clutched up!!
    I choose to believe it means he has fitted his bike with something called a "power clutch." I imagine it would make his bike strong and fast like superman

Quote Originally Posted by thowe View Post
    Nice wheelie!

I'd like to how to do wheelies on my cbr600rr. Just haven't nutted up to it yet. I've put about 15000 on it now, I know how the bike handles, but I'd like to see what a wheelie is like. Hard part is finding a good lot to practice. I want some space. If I lived out of town where there was no traffic I would use a road, but in TO...I'll find somewhere eventually. Looks simple enough...imagine you would start by releasing the clutch at higher rpms until you achieve the right lift.

wouldn't mind PM's of decent practice grounds.
    Unless you have a ton of weight on the bike, a 600RR will lift no problem.
    And don't go to the OP for advise...... he seems to think wheelies are fine on a major highway.

Really, if you want to try wheelies, go to TMP and drag race your bike, just let the other guy leave first, then play around with yours down the track.
    riding a moped is like having sex with a fat chick.
    sure it may be fun, but you don't want your friends to find out

00 ZX12R

nice wheelies bro!
    but should consider wearing more protective gear nextime
    3rd bike (current) - '06 kawasaki zx-636 blk/gld
    2nd bike - '08 kawasaki ninja 250 red
    1st bike - '92 kawasaki ex500 blue/white (dead)

Here's all you need to know about wheelies... Remember, it's supposed to sound like "yuutttugghhhhh!!!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bakxIoeFLPc

Man, i bet if all of you people had a SS and actually KNEW how to do wheelie, you'd be doing it on the public roads. Stop lying to yourself, each one of you phuckers tried to do it so that makes you just like him. If he doesnt wanna wear gear its up to him, its his life, let him risk it. Everyone pays the price atthe end. Nice wheelie man, still gotta work on it to keep it longer
    WINNING!

Quote Originally Posted by baljci View Post
    Man, i bet if all of you people had a SS and actually KNEW how to do wheelie, you'd be doing it on the public roads. Stop lying to yourself, each one of you phuckers tried to do it so that makes you just like him. If he doesnt wanna wear gear its up to him, its his life, let him risk it. Everyone pays the price atthe end. Nice wheelie man, still gotta work on it to keep it longer
    Maybe maybe not but i wouldnet be posting the video on youtube especially when the other videos show his face in them...

Traffic, we don't need no stinkin' traffic!

Oh, only SS bikes can wheelie? You'd better spread the word.
    Ignorance is curable, Apathy not so much, but I don't care, I'll try anyway.

I don't think the OP was the one doing the wheelies...
    Looks like he's trying to take credit though
    Mina

You and your bike must be seriously behind the times if your list of mods doesnt include a "power clutch"

My bad

OP with a different screen name?

But you have a point, anyone can do a wheelie on a bike... doing it on a Jeep takes some skill

Quote Originally Posted by kanabis View Post
    Maybe maybe not but i wouldnet be posting the video on youtube especially when the other videos show his face in them...
    Well, he's just an idiot lol. Why would you even tape stuff like that first of all. You do it for your own amusement. But I guess he wants to show off to other members, usually people like that lack in social life
    WINNING!

Well, he's just an idiot lol. Why would you even tape stuff like that first of all. You do it for your own amusement. But I guess he wants to show off to other members, usually people like that lack in social life
    It's not even him...
    Mina

He used the clutch to get it up, but its still a pow pow power wheelie because he is not using rear brake or balance point...He is constantly under power, constantly accelerating until he runs out of gear = power wheelie

Common misconception is that if you clutch it up its not a power wheelie....IMO you can still do both....And alot of people think they are clutching it up, but they are half and halfing it...
    Last edited by JohnnyP636; 04-22-2012 at 07:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyP636 View Post
    He used the clutch to get it up, but its still a pow pow power wheelie because he is not using rear brake or balance point...He is constantly under power, constantly accelerating until he runs out of gear = power wheelie

Common misconception is that if you clutch it up its not a power wheelie....IMO you can still do both....And alot of people think they are clutching it up, but they are half and halfing it...
    Dude, I'm kidding. In his video he calls one a power wheelie, and another a clutch wheelie (used clutch).

An aside, yes we have all done it on the street, but this forum specifically states it doesn't want that kind of attention.

Dude, I'm kidding. In his video he calls one a power wheelie, and another a clutch wheelie (used clutch).

An aside, yes we have all done it on the street, but this forum specifically states it doesn't want that kind of attention.
    I was only aware of there being a warning in the stunt section for not posting street stunting videos?.....

Im hating on the haters! Lol

Nuthin better to do....the usual suspects on this thread...u know who u all are...

Like I always said..you just can't please everyone..

F the haters!