KW Dragon Thread. - Page 4

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: KW Dragon Thread.

Re: KW Dragon Thread.

don't have ramps, but if we can find a small incline, i.e. end of a driveway usuaully enough, we'll get it on there, its only about 420 lbs. I'll see if i can find a stand alone wheel chock just to add some stability. Would be better if it was parallel to the road, but it is what it is. Should be a fun trip!
    don't be a road crayon, wear your gear, the road doesn't care how "cool" you think you look when it's busy cheese grading your skin.

hoping we can make a grocery stop sunday morning for 1/2 hour before we head up to fontana, if you guys are good with that
    don't be a road crayon, wear your gear, the road doesn't care how "cool" you think you look when it's busy cheese grading your skin.

Quote Originally Posted by smergy View Post
    hoping we can make a grocery stop sunday morning for 1/2 hour before we head up to fontana, if you guys are good with that
    No probs at all with stopping. I usually grab a skid full of Aleve at wallymart anyway.

Smergy, my wheel base is about 1430mm or 56.3 ins according to wikipedia.... Hope this helps!
    just measured the bike, its about 6'10", I doubt evils is shorter, a vfr and 1300 won't be either. Spyradar what is your wheelbase?

Quote Originally Posted by spyradar View Post
    Smergy, my wheel base is about 1430mm or 56.3 ins according to wikipedia.... Hope this helps!
    Smergy didn't actually mean wheelbase (axle to axle). We need to know the length / distance from the front of your front tire to the back of the rear tire with the handlebars straight to see how much space it will take.

Gary is correct, put the front up against a flat wall, measure to the back of your tire. total distance, not wheel base.

Talking to big evil tonight, he's going to book the 2 BR cabin to keep the cost down for the guys in the cabin. We can fit 2 in the king, 2 in the bedroom wtih the twins and 1 on the couch if need be. We'll make it work. As far as who is driving with who, spy and evil are going to gether, gary and blueVFR are going together, I don't know yet, likely going with gary, depending on if katatonic wants to go. We'll make it work at a reasonable cost for all. Should be a good trip.

Will book the cabin shortly (hopefully before I head to Chicago).
    So, Jin (Spy) wants to do a straight shot, so we'll probably end up doing that first thing Sunday morning.

If Smergy's wife comes along, you guys will end up driving yourselves, unless we can find one more person to come with tow capacity (he's got a trailer, just not the vehicle to pull 2 bikes without shattering his glass transmission... hehehe - I jest).

Later!
    Kohlarbonez... 'Cause Running Wide, Front Brakes and Grass Just Don't Mix....

she's a maybe, depending on the situation. I can only pull 1 bike with the hills, got the horsepower, don't have the transmission for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigevildoer View Post
    Will book the cabin shortly (hopefully before I head to Chicago).
    So, Jin (Spy) wants to do a straight shot, so we'll probably end up doing that first thing Sunday morning.

If Smergy's wife comes along, you guys will end up driving yourselves, unless we can find one more person to come with tow capacity (he's got a trailer, just not the vehicle to pull 2 bikes without shattering his glass transmission... hehehe - I jest).

Later!

It looks like some where between 2110-2115mm. So its like 6.9ft I guess.

Gary is correct, put the front up against a flat wall, measure to the back of your tire. total distance, not wheel base.

Talking to big evil tonight, he's going to book the 2 BR cabin to keep the cost down for the guys in the cabin. We can fit 2 in the king, 2 in the bedroom wtih the twins and 1 on the couch if need be. We'll make it work. As far as who is driving with who, spy and evil are going to gether, gary and blueVFR are going together, I don't know yet, likely going with gary, depending on if katatonic wants to go. We'll make it work at a reasonable cost for all. Should be a good trip.

Cabin booked.
    $1037.15 total.
    3 people = $345.72 USD each.
    4 people = $259.29 USD each.

Stop at harbor freight and grab a ramp i bought a set for my ranger take a coupon out of a bike magazine you get 20%off as well. I got a set for 65 aluminum with a slight arc made it easy to ride my SV650 right onto the ranger slide it over on a angle canyon dancer, 4 ratches kick stand down with piece of wood for it to be level on closed tailgate made it there and back didn't move a inch.

The whole truck shook when i got on the bike and tried to shake it loose.

Hope this helps
    With TAFB the math always equals 16

Oh yeah~!!!!!!! Cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Cabin booked.
    $1037.15 total.
    3 people = $345.72 USD each.
    4 people = $259.29 USD each.

Hey Gary... what's your check out day? Friday or Saturday?
    I booked the cabin till Friday, thinking we'd head out Friday evening to save some money (rate for cabin goes to over $200). Drive a couple hours, grab a cheap motel/hotel at half the rate of the Fontana and finish the drive on Saturday.

We still get nearly full day of riding (I'd say till about 5pm) on Friday before we head out. You guys good with this?
    Let me know Gary - since you're transporting Smergy and his bike, it comes down to what you're thinking.

If you're staying at the Fontana on Friday night as well and doing a straight shot home Saturday, I'll call them up and add a night to the booking.

Oh yeah - so everyone else knows, Katatonic's officially out, as he's going in August.

Hey Gary... what's your check out day? Friday or Saturday?
    We're there from Sunday - Saturday. (See post #56.) We'll be driving home in one shot.
    BlueVfr and I were going to do a "test fit" with our bikes on the trailer this weekend. Didn't happen.
    When I know if both bikes will fit in my trailer, or not - I'll post up immediately.
    (I'm considering trading in my 5'X8' trailer for a 6'X8' if they don't fit).

Booking has been adjusted.
    Total is now $1266.53 US = $1304.53 CDN (after bank fees)
    Divided 3 ways = $434.84 CDN each.
    Divided 4 ways = $326.14 CDN each (in case we get another person).

* Have contacted 1 more person to see if he's interested. Saw in him the spring, and he sounded like he wanted to go. He's a school teacher, so he's got all summer off as well.
    Last edited by Bigevildoer; 04-25-2012 at 10:03 AM.