KW Dragon Thread.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KW Dragon Thread.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: KW Dragon Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by smergy View Post
    we could also pack saturday morning and leave saturday before noon, drive 12 hours, go to a motel, drive the last 4 on sunday, ride sunday. I prefer just doing a straight shot there and back, just to save time.

Thoughts guys?
    Think I prefer the leave Saturday, hotel it half way down, ride half day Sunday. Return straight shot Friday.
    Kohlarbonez... 'Cause Running Wide, Front Brakes and Grass Just Don't Mix....

does anyone need to be back friday or is this just a preference? A straight shot would cut out any chance of riding on the last day. We won't have to worry about rush hour if we come back on a saturday. I have to take the week off of work anyways, would rather spend an extra day riding.
    don't be a road crayon, wear your gear, the road doesn't care how "cool" you think you look when it's busy cheese grading your skin.

Just checked cabin availability.
    We can get:
    3 Bedroom Magnolia. King, Full, 2 Twins, 2 baths, fireplace, whirlpool tub, washer, dryer. $229 per night.
    2 Bedroom Maple. King, Queen, 2 baths, fireplace. $189 per night. Would require 2 guys crashing in King if you're OK with that.

We had better book quickly... my inquiry was for Sunday, July 15 check in, Friday, July 20 Check out.
    Rest of the cabins would have required us moving to a different one half way through stay etc.
    Magnolia might be a good idea, as it gives more room in case somebody else decides to come along.

What do you guys think?

Would you stay in the cabin gary and use your 1300 like a rascal around the village or are you set on a staying at the lodge? Would be more fun if everyone was together.

Do they have the friday night if we want it, what does everyoen think?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigevildoer View Post
    Just checked cabin availability.
    We can get:
    3 Bedroom Magnolia. King, Full, 2 Twins, 2 baths, fireplace, whirlpool tub, washer, dryer. $229 per night.
    2 Bedroom Maple. King, Queen, 2 baths, fireplace. $189 per night. Would require 2 guys crashing in King if you're OK with that.

We had better book quickly... my inquiry was for Sunday, July 15 check in, Friday, July 20 Check out.
    Rest of the cabins would have required us moving to a different one half way through stay etc.
    Magnolia might be a good idea, as it gives more room in case somebody else decides to come along.

What do you guys think?
    don't be a road crayon, wear your gear, the road doesn't care how "cool" you think you look when it's busy cheese grading your skin.

I think the Dragon Slayer membership is good for at least 10% Tim (I forget).
    They'll honour it in the summer, 'cause I don't think there's too many 'slayers' in the winter

I'm still waiting for one person (in Hamilton) from this site to confirm whether or not he's going with me or not. Should know by the end of the week for sure.

As for the ride down: it's about 13 - 14 hours. Cinci is about 8hrs. Cinci is 5 minutes from the Kentucky border. I like getting an hour or so into Kentucky and grabbing a room. This leaves a nice short ride to Fontana the following morning, getting there in or about 'check in time' and leaves the rest of the day open for riding.
    Of all the ways I've done it, this is my favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    I'm still waiting for one person (in Hamilton) from this site to confirm whether or not he's going with me or not. Should know by the end of the week for sure.
    So your trailer/truck spot might not be available after all?
    When will your friend be able to confirm? If he comes, then we really need 1 more person (with tow capabilities) to make it feasible.. otherwise 1 person is stuck on their own, which sucks for fuel costs etc etc etc...

Jin - you can drive a bit too.... not too worried about that....

that may throw a wrench in things, we'd need to know for sure. What kind of bike does your buddy have? We could do 2 bikes on a trailer and 1 in the back, but that might be starting to get tight for space. I'm assuming there is room for 3 in the truck comfortably? maybe not?

When will your friend be able to confirm? If he comes, then we really need 1 more person (with tow capabilities) to make it feasible.. otherwise 1 person is stuck on their own, which sucks for fuel costs etc etc etc...

that may throw a wrench in things, we'd need to know for sure. What kind of bike does your buddy have? We could do 2 bikes on a trailer and 1 in the back, but that might be starting to get tight for space. I'm assuming there is room for 3 in the truck comfortably? maybe not?
    He has a VFR.
    I'll know either later today, or by Friday if he's confirmed or not.
    If someone can muster up a 3-4 bike trailer, I can haul it.
    When we went last time, (just 2 of us) the back seat was full, but I think we could arrange to squeeze someone back there.

sounds like everyone has big bikes, vfr, 1300, CBR 1kRR, buel 1125, I don't know what spyradar rides.

He has a VFR.
    I'll know either later today, or by Friday if he's confirmed or not.
    If someone can muster up a 3-4 bike trailer, I can haul it.
    When we went last time, (just 2 of us) the back seat was full, but I think we could arrange to squeeze someone back there.

sounds like everyone has big bikes, vfr, 1300, CBR 1kRR, buel 1125, I don't know what spyradar rides.
    Oh, I have really slim twin cylinder bike.

Confirmed. I am skinny and take less space.

I think the Dragon Slayer membership is good for at least 10% Tim (I forget).
    They'll honour it in the summer, 'cause I don't think there's too many 'slayers' in the winter

As for the ride down: it's about 13 - 14 hours. Cinci is about 8hrs. Cinci is 5 minutes from the Kentucky border. I like getting an hour or so into Kentucky and grabbing a room. This leaves a nice short ride to Fontana the following morning, getting there in or about 'check in time' and leaves the rest of the day open for riding.
    Of all the ways I've done it, this is my favorite.

OK.. so anyone have a decent sized trailer we can carry 2 bikes on comfortably?

Gary - would Smergy's CBR1000 and the Busa fit on the trailer?
    The CBR's not really a large sized bike...

OK.. so anyone have a decent sized trailer we can carry 2 bikes on comfortably?

Gary - would Smergy's CBR1000 and the Busa fit on the trailer?
    The CBR's not really a large sized bike...
    The Busa & a 636 wouldn't fit.
    BlueVFR & I are going to do a 'test fit' with the Busa & the VFR soon. (I keep the trailer at a friends house in Burlington - no room at home). It may work if one bike goes in backwards.
    There's still room in the truck bed for a bike - but my bike will be on the trailer. Truck is 4X4 and sits high. I'd prefer to see a Honda fall off the ramps, than a Suzi

Was thinking of the VFR in the bed, CBR and Busa in trailer. Should fit, really. I had a Ducati 1098 and an R1 in my Ranger's bed briefly last summer... Just during a transfer from one truck to another before going to ground, but we had them both in there.

Smergy's got chocks, and I'm sure he could McGyver something up to help keep a bike upright.

Was thinking of the VFR in the bed, CBR and Busa in trailer. Should fit, really. I had a Ducati 1098 and an R1 in my Ranger's bed briefly last summer... Just during a transfer from one truck to another before going to ground, but we had them both in there.

Smergy's got chocks, and I'm sure he could McGyver something up to help keep a bike upright.
    The VFR is probably heavier, and longer than the RR (I'm guessing). Might be easier to put the RR in the bed?
    I don't care who's bike goes in there, as long as it's not mine!
    I know the 636 would fit in the bed, diagonally, or the tailgate won't close. (it has to close - my truck is like new)
    The Busa is quite a bit wider than it looks when it's up on the trailer - the fat pig.
    I take it you didn't get the large trailer?
    BlueVFR (Cheuh is his name) and I both have chocks.

It is no way in your life the Honda will fall off. I am going to weld the bike frame to the trailer frame!!!

I can come up with something if need. I have a Miller at home.

The Busa & a 636 wouldn't fit.
    BlueVFR & I are going to do a 'test fit' with the Busa & the VFR soon. (I keep the trailer at a friends house in Burlington - no room at home). It may work if one bike goes in backwards.
    There's still room in the truck bed for a bike - but my bike will be on the trailer. Truck is 4X4 and sits high. I'd prefer to see a Honda fall off the ramps, than a Suzi

Smergy - your turn to chime in.. you mind if your bike's on an angle in the bed?
    I'm sure it'll fit..

Gary - no go on the trailer.. it's not registered to the guy's name, but rather his company's name.. .insurance and all gets sticky.
    Looking for another option.

T>

Cabin booked.
    $1037.15 total.
    3 people = $345.72 USD each.
    4 people = $259.29 USD each.

Stop at harbor freight and grab a ramp i bought a set for my ranger take a coupon out of a bike magazine you get 20%off as well. I got a set for 65 aluminum with a slight arc made it easy to ride my SV650 right onto the ranger slide it over on a angle canyon dancer, 4 ratches kick stand down with piece of wood for it to be level on closed tailgate made it there and back didn't move a inch.

The whole truck shook when i got on the bike and tried to shake it loose.

Hope this helps
    With TAFB the math always equals 16

Oh yeah~!!!!!!! Cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Cabin booked.
    $1037.15 total.
    3 people = $345.72 USD each.
    4 people = $259.29 USD each.