KW Dragon Thread.

Thread: KW Dragon Thread.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

KW Dragon Thread.

Hey guys...
    Here's the thread for the Dragon trip organization.

Copy and paste of the message I put up earlier...

So, anyone decide for sure if they're in or out?
    1 Week trip - Somewhere between July 14-29 (sorry, that's when I get my holidays, and they can't be changed due to shop shut down).
    Leave mid-late afternoon Saturday, drive half way, hotel/motel OR leave super early Sunday morning and drive straight through.
    Return the following Friday on a straight through drive.

(Pretty Much) Confirmed:
    SpyRadar (100%)
    Gary (Very Likely)
    Smergy (Very likely)
    Bigevildoer (100%)

Waffling:
    Katatonic

No hotels etc have been booked as of yet. Let me know which of the 2 weeks works best for you guys....
    Looks like we'll be staying at the Fontana Village Resort by the dam.
    Kohlarbonez... 'Cause Running Wide, Front Brakes and Grass Just Don't Mix....

Re: KW Dragon Thread.

subscribed, as I asked before, does anyone have an objection leaving either early on a sat/sunday morning and coming back the following sat/sun? 1 shot drive is probably best, no riding either of the travel days. What do we have for vehicles/trailers?

I'm a maybe until we get some concrete details down. As i said before 5 scheduled riding days would be my minimum to go.

all of this would be subject to availability at fontana, we may not be able to get weekends, we'd have to find out, in which case stop somewhere on the way, get groceries. the cabins are nice becasue you can make your own breakfast/dinner without having to eat out every meal.

Let me know what you guys think
    don't be a road crayon, wear your gear, the road doesn't care how "cool" you think you look when it's busy cheese grading your skin.

Quote Originally Posted by smergy View Post
    subscribed, as I asked before, does anyone have an objection leaving either early on a sat/sunday morning and coming back the following sat/sun? 1 shot drive is probably best, no riding either of the travel days. What do we have for vehicles/trailers?

I'm a maybe until we get some concrete details down. As i said before 5 scheduled riding days would be my minimum to go.

all of this would be subject to availability at fontana, we may not be able to get weekends, we'd have to find out, in which case stop somewhere on the way, get groceries. the cabins are nice becasue you can make your own breakfast/dinner without having to eat out every meal.

Let me know what you guys think
    (subscribed)

As of now, I have room for one rider / bike. (I have ramps).

How's this sound?
    Leave July 14th mid afternoon.
    Return July 20th. (rates are better Sun - Fri)
    I'd like to leave July 14th - cross into Kentucky & bunk down for the night @ any hotel along the slab. That way, we'd only have about 3 hrs drive to Fontana Village next day & still be fresh enough to ride. Unload (15 minutes max) gear up, and ride for the rest of the day - jump in the pool at night.

I'll stay at the lodge. Pool outside my door to enjoy after long days of riding / wi - fi down the hall in the lounge.
    I'll be on holidays = NO cooking . (tasty french toast every morning down the hall works perfect for me & some NC bbq somewhere on the road daily, or w/e).
    If anyone wants to split a 2 queen size bed room - chime in.

This allows for 6 days of riding & head home in one shot on the 20th.

p.s I'd like to book asap too.

Gary, what kind of vehicle/trailer do you have out of curiosity?

I have a 2 bike 5x8 open trailer, but my car can't pull 2 bikes in those hills. BigEvilDoer whats your truck rated at? I might be able to swap my trailer to a friend for an enclosed 2 bike trailer. I'd prefer to have a place with a kitchen to make food, but would consider options.

How many others are there and what vehicles/trailers do we have?
    Last edited by smergy; 04-16-2012 at 09:38 PM.
    don't be a road crayon, wear your gear, the road doesn't care how "cool" you think you look when it's busy cheese grading your skin.

Are you for sure gary? Sounds like bigevildoer is for sure and spyradar is for sure. 4 people fit into a cabin nicely, 5 or more is too tight, but then could do a room and a cabin or something. Anyone else coming? I like making my own food, because I'm a cheap SOB and don't really like greasy road crap for a week straight. I find good food helps keep you focused on those windy roads

Hi guys,

July 14th to 20th sounds good. I dont mind when we leave, as long as we leave on 14th. I hope I can contribute some sort of transportation, but all i have is bike and pos convertablie.

any objection to riding on the friday, packing up then going to a motel a few hours outside, then doing the remainder of the drive on the saturday? Would save traffic in the major cities, and get a bonus day of riding + split up the drive home. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by spyradar View Post
    I hope I can contribute some sort of transportation, but all i have is bike and pos convertablie.
    Your money is always appreciated for transportation...
    And an S2000 is hardly a POS....
    Kohlarbonez... 'Cause Running Wide, Front Brakes and Grass Just Don't Mix....