State Farm no longer insuring JUST Motorcycle Riders? - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: State Farm no longer insuring JUST Motorcycle Riders?

Re: State Farm no longer insuring JUST Motorcycle Riders?

Quote Originally Posted by VifferFun View Post
    It doesn't matter whether they "want" to quote you or not -- unless State Farm has filed that they will not write stand-alone motorcycles, they legally must provide you with a quote. The next time an agent tells you this, ask them if FSCO has approved State Farm to reject stand-alone motorcycle business.
    Yeah, she was willing to offer me Stand Alone insurance, but only at "High Risk" rates.
    So I said "Thank you" and went my own way.

Did end up geting a quote of $63 with Collision ($1000 Deductible) and $58 without collision insurance from another State Farm agent.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewDude View Post
    Yeah, she was willing to offer me Stand Alone insurance, but only at "High Risk" rates.
    So I said "Thank you" and went my own way.

Did end up geting a quote of $63 with Collision ($1000 Deductible) and $58 without collision insurance from another State Farm agent.
    OK, the agent was doing it right then. By "high-risk" rates, she is essentially saying that you aren't getting the multi-product discount. If you insure both your auto and bike with State Farm, they will discount your bike rates by nearly 40%. This is the rule that they have filed with the regulator (FSCO).
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Current: 2001 Suzuki GSXR1000 (4th Season)
    Previous: 1996 Honda VFR750F (4 Seasons)
    Previous: 1998 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (3 Seasons)

Quote Originally Posted by OpenGambit View Post
    Please feel free to forward emails of that sort to the competition bureau.
    What is a competition bureau?

Quote Originally Posted by DollyMix View Post
    What is a competition bureau?
    http://www.competitionbureau.gc.ca/e...c.nsf/eng/home
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

OK, the agent was doing it right then. By "high-risk" rates, she is essentially saying that you aren't getting the multi-product discount. If you insure both your auto and bike with State Farm, they will discount your bike rates by nearly 40%. This is the rule that they have filed with the regulator (FSCO).
    Well then she should've been clear about what she was saying. She lost my business permanently now.
    Never gonna call her again.

Need to find a bike quickly now. I have the helmet sitting on my desk at home and keep looking at it wanting to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by js2021 View Post
    i just got insurance from them last week, all they asked was I have atleast 5 years experience on my drivers licenses. Thats the g + g2 + g1 => 5.

Same Here!

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewDude View Post
    Well then she should've been clear about what she was saying. She lost my business permanently now.
    Never gonna call her again.

Need to find a bike quickly now. I have the helmet sitting on my desk at home and keep looking at it wanting to use it.
    I'm not saying that what she said was right or wrong, but she was likely trying to explain something complicated in a simply manner that most people would be happy with. If I were a broker/agent I would probably be more detailed, but not everyone appreciates or wants the details . . . they just want the bottom-line impact to their premium.

I'm not saying that what she said was right or wrong, but she was likely trying to explain something complicated in a simply manner that most people would be happy with. If I were a broker/agent I would probably be more detailed, but not everyone appreciates or wants the details . . . they just want the bottom-line impact to their premium.

Yeah, I understand.
    Too bad my car insurance company has ridiculous requirements for motorcycle insurance.

when i first started shopping around for Ins the first SF agent pulled the same thing...."i wont insure bike only, you have to bring your car over..." keeping the bike and car seperate was cheaper than SF's "multiline" discount.

I called another SF agent, Grant, at Scott Strike office on Dundas by 427 and we've been in business for a few years now. Great agent, always great to work with and gives helpful hints and tips to get the lowest rate!
    http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=18800&dateline=121895  0439
    99 Honda VTR1000F Firestorm

I've got my BSA with Statefarm. No other vehicles with them.