f4i wont turn over

Thread: f4i wont turn over

f4i wont turn over

attempting to turn the f4i into a street fighter....took the front end off, once i did that the bike wont turn over. i know that it has something to do with the peice that connects to the front end (lights) but im not technical enough to figure it out on my own.... anyone know what i could do to get around this?
    If it wasn't for the gutter, my mind would be homeless.

Re: f4i wont turn over

Quote Originally Posted by w33z11 View Post
    attempting to turn the f4i into a street fighter....took the front end off, once i did that the bike wont turn over. i know that it has something to do with the peice that connects to the front end (lights) but im not technical enough to figure it out on my own.... anyone know what i could do to get around this?
    Not that I know how to solve this but why the hell would you use grey text on a white background?

Can't help with your issue but, for anything Street Fighter related, go here.
    Mina

There is a white and black connector on the clutch side that has to be connected in order to start the bike.

One is for the headlights and the other is the sub-harness I believe.
    Last edited by jeffjones; 04-15-2012 at 10:31 PM.
    2001 CBR F4i

" they say at 100mph water feels like concrete ,so you can imagine what concrete feels like " - Nicky Hayden

Quote Originally Posted by w33z11 View Post
    Tip over sensor or drop sensor is a semi-cylindrical shaped switch that must be oriented correctly. It kills the ignition and fuel pump if the bike falls over. It lives near the gauges and headlight area of your wiring harness.
    Last edited by theassassin; 04-16-2012 at 01:23 PM. Reason: spelling

for those who may be curious this is the answer:

in the middle of the headlight is your tip over sensor, without that plugged in it will not run....That is your problem...You have 2 simple choices, remove it from the headlight and mount it right side up on the bike and keep it plugged in...Or there are 3 wires that run to it...Take the 2 outside wires and jump them together and leave the middle one . This will make the ECU think its plugged in and the bike will run
    If it wasn't for the gutter, my mind would be homeless.