NEW RIDER Suzuki SV Questions

Thread: NEW RIDER Suzuki SV Questions

NEW RIDER Suzuki SV Questions

Hi I got my M2 last season but didnt ride much because I wanted to get sliders for my 06 Suzuki SV650s. I also put fairings on it and powder coated the levers and rims....so now I want to put sliders on it but Im being told I need a relocator? Any advice or assistance would be GREATLY appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails my bike.jpg  

Re: NEW RIDER Suzuki SV Questions

I highly recommend these:

http://www.motosliders.com/MS-5.html

Go to svracingparts.com you can get the motosliders through that site, they give you all the info on those frame sliders. I have them on my sv, and they saved me serious $$$ when I went down, soooo worth getting them

Welcome to the forum, nice SV I ride one as well. sliders are a good investment. The ones mentioned above are of good quality, stay away from the cheap ones! If you want to start a SV gang let me know and we'll roll. Lol

just remember sliders will only help if your bike is between 0-30 kph, anything more, don't expect them to do much. I actually prefer not to have them, they can get caught up during a crash. Not saying their a bad idea, but their usefulness is limited to very low speeds.
    don't be a road crayon, wear your gear, the road doesn't care how "cool" you think you look when it's busy cheese grading your skin.

Don't do the 'relocator' frame sliders, they do more damage than not having any sliders. Get the proper frame sliders, the ones that go directly into the frame and require holes cut in your fairings for proper fit.

example:
    http://www.rg-racing.com/browseBike/.../CP0124BL.aspx