Choosing a first bike

Thread: Choosing a first bike

Choosing a first bike

Hey guys I wanted to get other peoples opinion between the Honda CBR250 and Ninja 250.

Ive done alot of research into both bikes and need to come to a decision.

The CBR250 has newer technology with the fuel injection, more comfortable(im 6'2), slightly better handling but thats opinion, and seems to be a little more new rider friendly.

The ninja is faster, but im not looking for top speed of 170 so that doesnt factor into my decision but what does is one stupid point.
    Too me the ninja looks better... just a opinion but I like the style.

Now im gonna be using the bike for riding in the city, and the quickness and easy start up of the cbr is absolutely perfect for what I need, but I keep getting drawn to the styling of the ninja.

Is this a good reason alone to get a ninja? even tho the honda suits better in all categories for me. Wanna hear some others opinions

Re: Choosing a first bike

In that case go with the honda. You don't see much of the bike when you're riding it and most people will not "ooh" or "ahh" over a 250 anyway. Your body will thank you for it.

seems like you like the functionality/ergonomics of the honda...but the ninja is more appealing physically to you...go with what is more important to you, form or function

btw I have a cbr250 as well and use it primarily as a daily commuter...and I absolutely love the bike so I'd recommend that. But I've never ridden the Ninja.

2011 CBR250R
    2008 CBR125R (Enjoyed...sold...not forgotten)

Either bike is a good choice, so you really can't go wrong, and it's unllikely to be your last bike. You know yourself better than we do, for this decision, what does your gut tell you?

Thanks guys i think ill be getting the cbr as it better suits my needs and the one in black looks pretty good as well to me

Traffic, we don't need no stinkin' traffic!

Nothing wrong with ABS.
    Ignorance is curable, Apathy not so much, but I don't care, I'll try anyway.

In terms of a 250, I'd say choose the one that feels the best and you're more comfortable on.

Once you get some seat time/experience in, then you can let your emotions help choose another bike that stirs the soul.

I have a CBR250R, and love it. I'm 5'10'' and it's VERY comfortable, great looking, and fuel injection is awesome.
    That said, I'm already jonesing for a 2012 Ninja 650. The new design is fantastic.

I say Ninja but that's because I have one

Quote Originally Posted by AF4iK View Post
    In that case go with the honda. You don't see much of the bike when you're riding it and most people will not "ooh" or "ahh" over a 250 anyway. Your body will thank you for it.
    awwww....I go "ooh and ahh" over my 250...because in my eyes she's beautiful...guess I'm the only one

Quote Originally Posted by DollyMix View Post
    awwww....I go "ooh and ahh" over my 250...because in my eyes she's beautiful...guess I'm the only one
    I love the look of the 2008+ 250s and 650s except for the stock exhaust. But who am I to complain with a stock cbr125 lol