Dyno run videos from the FREE Dyno Day at DynoTunes, as requested! - Page 4

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Dyno run videos from the FREE Dyno Day at DynoTunes, as requested!

Re: Dyno run videos from the FREE Dyno Day at DynoTunes, as requested!

Yeah, maybe they could have strapped the bikes down. But the dyno operators new what they were doing and there were zero problems.

Cant argue with those results, and I can see why they didn't.
    -Matt
    1997 VFR750F RC36
    1986 VFR750F Honda Interceptor (sold)
    1986 Honda Interceptor VF500 (sold)
    enhanced by Platinum Powersports

I just noticed they don't have torque on these graphs.
    Mark H.
    06 ZX-14

AFR too rich on my R1

AFR closer to where it should be on my friend's R1
    Last edited by mma01; 04-20-2012 at 10:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by durkdigz View Post
    Here's a pic of my print out...
    Wow, nice AFR, just about flawless, nice smooth power delivery too

Quote Originally Posted by mma01 View Post
    AFR too rich on my R1, AFR closer to where it should be on my friend's R1
    Yikes, do you have a power commander? That's crazy rich all over the board! Your buddies looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirty View Post
    I just noticed they don't have torque on these graphs.
    To get a torque reading they need to connect to the spark plug wires, they'd have to lift some tanks, etc. Again, no time. That's also why the graph is in MPH instead of RPM

-Jamie M.
    Scarborough group ride 4.0! Every Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at KC!!! Facebook group!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItIsWhatItIs View Post
    In any case what difference does it make where you reduce the amount of teeth in a sprocket, front or rear? The effect will be the same. Most change the front sprocket because it's easier to source that sprocket. It's apparent, sprockets are not your strong suit.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Dress for the crash, not for the ride...

Quote Originally Posted by toysareforboys View Post
    Yikes, do you have a power commander? That's crazy rich all over the board! Your buddies looks great.
    My bike has something called a "dobeck gen 3" fuel tuner (i.e. dumbed down version of the powercommander). I used their suggested base map, which is obviously way too rich. I backed off the injector pulse width in the parking lot after the dyno run but didnt have an opportunity to take a second run to see what the improvement would have been like <shrugs>. If I wasnt such a lazy bastid I would have swapped the PCC closed loop afr tuner from my 03 R1 onto this one.....set it and forget it.

Quote Originally Posted by mma01 View Post
    My bike has something called a "dobeck gen 3" fuel tuner (i.e. dumbed down version of the powercommander). I used their suggested base map, which is obviously way too rich. I backed off the injector pulse width in the parking lot after the dyno run but didnt have an opportunity to take a second run to see what the improvement would have been like <shrugs>. If I wasnt such a lazy bastid I would have swapped the PCC closed loop afr tuner from my 03 R1 onto this one.....set it and forget it.
    Damn, sucks you didn't get to do another run I ordered the AutoTune for my power commander so hopefully that'll sort out my AFR down low. I would have attempted to tune it out myself, but it's sooo up and down I figured it'll need more help than just me messing with the numbers

I've got some data logging software for the PCV/Autotune so I should be able to plot some cool "dyno" charts, RPM, HP (via GtechPro), AFR, no torque though

-Jamie M.
    Scarborough group ride 4.0! Every Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at KC!!! Facebook group!!
    In any case what difference does it make where you reduce the amount of teeth in a sprocket, front or rear? The effect will be the same. Most change the front sprocket because it's easier to source that sprocket. It's apparent, sprockets are not your strong suit.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Quote Originally Posted by toysareforboys View Post
    To get a torque reading they need to connect to the spark plug wires, they'd have to lift some tanks, etc. Again, no time. That's also why the graph is in MPH instead of RPM
    Geez, never thought of that problem with sport bikes, but the only motorcycle I've had on a dyno had the plug wires easily accessible for an inductive pickup.
    Mark H.
    06 ZX-14

Geez, never thought of that problem with sport bikes, but the only motorcycle I've had on a dyno had the plug wires easily accessible for an inductive pickup.
    Yep, on so many sport bikes it's a PAIN to get to the plug wire Huge headache for the dyno operators, especially when trying to run a day like this, so hence no torque and keep everyone happy

Most people were doing runs just for the AFR, they couldn't really care about HP or torque

-Jamie M.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Yeah, my front 2 wires are easy to get to. I wish they asked.

But this was part charity event, part promotion. Most people now have their curiosity peaked and may go back.

Im thinking of going back just to get the full HP/TQ reading with the rpm
    -Matt
    1997 VFR750F RC36
    1986 VFR750F Honda Interceptor (sold)
    1986 Honda Interceptor VF500 (sold)
    enhanced by Platinum Powersports

Installed my AutoTune Couldn't find a good place to put the O2 sensor, I might end up having to put it in one of my "2 into 1" pipes, so it'll only be sniffing two cylinders, but in theory they should be identical to the other two, lol.

Running WAY better now, pulls so hard in third gear now!!!

I already did three or four 3000rpm to rev limiter wide open throttle runs in 3rd gear and copied it to 4th, 5th and 6th, so WOT is tuned and good to go. I'm going on a long group ride tomorrow so should fill in lots of cell data!

-Jamie M.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^