Dyno run videos from the FREE Dyno Day at DynoTunes, as requested!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dyno run videos from the FREE Dyno Day at DynoTunes, as requested!

Dyno run videos from the FREE Dyno Day at DynoTunes, as requested!

WOOT!! Thanks so much Dynotunes for an awesome day!!!

All the videos I recorded today are up on a youtube playlist in 1080p and super awesome audio quality too!! (OMG thank god for my new i7 and 7mbps upload! lol) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBpb1...=plpp_play_all

If you want it to play the videos one after the other (if it doesn't automatically) click the swirly icon in the bottom left beside where it says 1/19 "Turn AutoPlay On".

My bike was the most powerful 600 tested all day at 102.37 and also the second loudest exhaust (not counting the turbo bike!)! WOOT She needs a good tuning below 7,000RPM but over that she's right where I want her! Power Commander AutoTune has been ordered

My bike:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qj2sXRBeuiY

Xtina's bike:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_xBROdOfn4

-Jamie M.
    Scarborough group ride 4.0! Every Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at KC!!! Facebook group!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItIsWhatItIs View Post
    In any case what difference does it make where you reduce the amount of teeth in a sprocket, front or rear? The effect will be the same. Most change the front sprocket because it's easier to source that sprocket. It's apparent, sprockets are not your strong suit.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Dress for the crash, not for the ride...

Re: Dyno run videos from the FREE Dyno Day at DynoTunes, as requested!

Dude what's with the giant sliders on the right side?? And you should take that in for a custom tune . I'm sure they can squeeze out a bunch more from your bike, With your list of mods!! I took mine to Z1 and they got 110hp and 47ft/lbs, and my gsxr only has a cat hack with the akra shorty and pcv. Plus my bike pulls like a champ now and it's super smooth all the way up!! No flat spots like prior to the tune either!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jenkins View Post
    Dude what's with the giant sliders on the right side?? And you should take that in for a custom tune . I'm sure they can squeeze out a bunch more from your bike, With your list of mods!! I took mine to Z1 and they got 110hp and 47ft/lbs, and my gsxr only has a cat hack with the akra shorty and pcv. Plus my bike pulls like a champ now and it's super smooth all the way up!! No flat spots like prior to the tune either!!
    It's got huge sliders on BOTH sides! Skunk Racing Extended Delrin sliders with ultra hardened hardware

I ordered the power commander AutoTune and I've got a really nice AFR map for it already. I'll do some 3rd gear pulls with it and copy the tuning to the other gears and see how it clears up If it's still acting funky down low I'll give it to a "professional"

-Jamie M.
    Scarborough group ride 4.0! Every Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at KC!!! Facebook group!!
    In any case what difference does it make where you reduce the amount of teeth in a sprocket, front or rear? The effect will be the same. Most change the front sprocket because it's easier to source that sprocket. It's apparent, sprockets are not your strong suit.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

What the hell? They couldn't tie the bike down? They had to use some dude to hold down the rear tire?

And the second bike has one hell of an annoying tail light.
    Cell phones, GPS, DVD, Food, Drinks, Kids, Smokes, Make Up, Lipstick, News Papers, CB, Ham Radio, FM Radio, CD, MP3, Work papers, Books, Lap tops, Camcorders,
    THINGS THAT DON'T
    BELONG IN A CAR.

Cool videos...
    Can't you do anything about the displayed plate#'s?
    Mina

Quote Originally Posted by Low rider View Post
    What the hell? They couldn't tie the bike down? They had to use some dude to hold down the rear tire?
    Some of the bikes had the rear passenger pegs removed so not an easy place to tie it down. For the turbo bike they had it strapped Because it was so damn cold out today I guess the cold tires + cold dyno = lots of tire slip.

Quote Originally Posted by 2live&ride View Post
    Can't you do anything about the displayed plate#'s?
    If someone can point me to a "how to" for Adobe Primere 5.5 I'd gladly do it. I was messing around with the mosaic mask tool but couldn't make it work

-Jamie M.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

My gsxr 600 runs 110hp and 46 ft/lbs on a real dyno. Do yourself a favour Jamie, get real work done on a real dyno. That's if you're serious.
    Spineless swines. Cemented minds.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiery254 View Post
    My gsxr 600 runs 110hp and 46 ft/lbs on a real dyno. Do yourself a favour Jamie, get real work done on a real dyno. That's if you're serious.
    All the other gixxer's were doing 98 all day so I felt pretty good about my 102 thanks

I'll bring her in for a "real" run after my autotune sorts itself out

-Jamie M.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Quote Originally Posted by toysareforboys View Post
    Some of the bikes had the rear passenger pegs removed so not an easy place to tie it down. For the turbo bike they had it strapped Because it was so damn cold out today I guess the cold tires + cold dyno = lots of tire slip.

If someone can point me to a "how to" for Adobe Primere 5.5 I'd gladly do it. I was messing around with the mosaic mask tool but couldn't make it work

-Jamie M.
    Would this work? I don't use AE myself but the concept is the same.
    You add a blurred shape, then set beginning and ending keyframes.
    Lastly fine tune by dragging the position of blur objects inbetween those keyframes as the object may be moving.
    http://forums.adobe.com/message/3700008

Quote Originally Posted by SuckaB View Post
    Would this work? I don't use AE myself but the concept is the same.
    You add a blurred shape, then set beginning and ending keyframes.
    Lastly fine tune by dragging the position of blur objects inbetween those keyframes as the object may be moving.
    http://forums.adobe.com/message/3700008
    Thanks for the link! Looks good! lol... "You can make the shape with the Pentool in the Titler." Who the F designs this stuff? I use mostly CorelDRAW so switching to Adobe products makes my head hurt I should just get a Mac and really screw myself over!

And 2live2ride, if your bike/plate appears in one of the videos let me know and I'll make the link private and remove it from the playlist so only the people YOU share it with can see it.

-Jamie M.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

All the other gixxer's were doing 98 all day so I felt pretty good about my 102 thanks

I'll bring her in for a "real" run after my autotune sorts itself out

-Jamie M.
    You have to get a base line done on a real dyno. And by real I mean a static based, calibrated dyno. Then throw your autotune on and then get it dyno'ed again on the same dyno under the same conditions if possible. Like I said, if you're serious. If you just want something to talk about at Timmies then knock yourself out.

You have to get a base line done on a real dyno. And by real I mean a static based, calibrated dyno. Then throw your autotune on and then get it dyno'ed again on the same dyno under the same conditions if possible. Like I said, if you're serious. If you just want something to talk about at Timmies then knock yourself out.
    Having 30 or 40 bikes run on the same dyno on the same day I think is a pretty good baseline to rate my bike against, not about how good my bike can be, just how good it currently is against my "street" competition

I'll do 3rd gear low RPM to redline (200kph) pulls in every throttle position (60%, 80%, 100%, etc.) and copy that fuel map to my other gears, much better than a dyno because of the ram air affect, plus tuning all of the ranges not just 100% throttle

After I get my entire auto tune map "filled in" I'll do a pull on the dyno and see how she looks

I love how long of a stretch I make over 100hp for! The other R6's, ZX-6R's, GSX-R's, etc. just had little peaks or bumps around the 100 line

Oh baby I hope the autotune can sort out the low end/slide stops!! I'll probably run at it 50% max trim value for the first while

-Jamie M.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

I'll do 3rd gear low RPM to redline (200kph) pulls in every throttle position (60%, 80%, 100%, etc.) and copy that fuel map to my other gears, much better than a dyno because of the ram air affect, plus tuning all of the ranges not just 100% throttle
    Wow. You obviously don't know what a real dyno does do you? I'm wasting my time. Why don't you just save yourself some money and make **** up to brag about? I'm trying to offer constructive advice. You're wasting money. Well at least it's your own money.

Is that all new bikes have these days? A couple years ago my race 04 ZX-6R did a 112.2.

Quote Originally Posted by kellen View Post
    Is that all new bikes have these days? A couple years ago my race 04 ZX-6R did a 112.2.
    The very first run on a/this dyno usually reads about 5hp lower then it does on say the 6th run, and these were all "out of the cold, onto the dyno" first runs.

Other brands of Dyno's will read way different too.

Seems most stock 600's were pulling around 98, 750's 118 and R1's were all over the map (122 to 154).

-Jamie M.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Quote Originally Posted by kellen View Post
    Who cares.. it was dyno'd on a different day, on a different machine, by a different operator. This guy's dyno might be reading 10 or even 20% low for all anybody knows. Thats why its useless to compare numbers unless they were all done on the same day/machine/operator (like this case).

The absolute number is largely meaningless, but as it relates to the other bikes tested it's relevant.
    all my posts are serious; internet is serious business

Wow. You obviously don't know what a real dyno does do you? I'm wasting my time. Why don't you just save yourself some money and make **** up to brag about? I'm trying to offer constructive advice. You're wasting money. Well at least it's your own money.
    Why don't you enlighten us laymen? You're obviously an expert...

My 1000RR put down 154 hp, so the numbers were accurate.
    Durk - 1KRR

Quote Originally Posted by durkdigz View Post

I'm more than an expert. I invented the dyno. I also invented flightless birds and green Jello.

Quote Originally Posted by durkdigz View Post

And isn't 154 a bit low for a 1000RR. Now that I don't know about. I thought the rwhp numbers were higher.

And isn't 154 a bit low for a 1000RR. Now that I don't know about. I thought the rwhp numbers were higher.
    Wow, for a guy who knows all this stuff about "real dynos", that statement sure reeks of ignorance..
    all my posts are serious; internet is serious business