insurance from another city??

Thread: insurance from another city??

del.

delete
    Last edited by barrebeast; 05-03-2012 at 09:05 AM.

Re: insurance from another city??

It is possible to go under their adress on insurance/ is it legal to ride in gta on a daily basis and have the insurance under their adress ??? Yes and Yes but u will have to register the bike under that adress.

Quote Originally Posted by barrebeast View Post
    hey, im a new rider about to insure my bike after going thru an m2 course

i live in the gta but my parents live about an hour away, i was wondering if its legal/possible to get insurance under their address, it would still be in my name
    The rates vary by region because claims vary by region. You must tell the agent/broker where your bike is garaged the majority of the riding season, which is Toronto and not your parents' home. It doesn't matter where your bike is registered or anything else people may tell you. Lying to your insurer is fraud and can result in the denial of any claim you might need to make in the future (and insurance companies are pretty good at finding out when people are lying, especially when your claim is in Toronto but you say that you live in Waterloo).
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Current: 2001 Suzuki GSXR1000 (4th Season)
    Previous: 1996 Honda VFR750F (4 Seasons)
    Previous: 1998 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (3 Seasons)

Someone else looking to beat the insurance company. How novel.

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum Cycle View Post
    nothing positive to add, why bother? you cut coupons and shop at sales dont you?

thanks for the actual input vifferfun and kanabis

nothing positive to add, why bother? you cut coupons and shop at sales dont you?

Do a search and you see this question get's asked every spring, for the same reason you are and the same answers are given. Usually to the OP's annoyance.

And honestly he's just saying what most people think when they read these threads .

BTW if you do register the bike at your parents address make sure no one in the house has their bike license and a worse record than yours. Your rates will be based on the highest risk rider in the house.

Is being positive a requirement to post now?
    It would seem you could use a coupon of some sort for insurance!

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum Cycle View Post
    This should really be a sticky considering how many asinine questions about this come up every week.
    This post does not provide any legal advice and readers should consult with their own lawyer for legal advice.

u guys, so cool
    see you in the streets