Selling a Used Vehicle

Thread: Selling a Used Vehicle

Selling a Used Vehicle

Sorry if this is a repost, I'm selling my 1990 4Runner and this will be my first time selling a used vehicle. I've read through
    http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/dan...cle/used.shtml

but am i able to sell a car AS IS without UVIP on the weekend i have a couple people coming to look at the car. What do I have to provide and write on the bill of sale. I remember there should be an ownership transfer slip that is green? Where do i get that?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    09 Ninja 250 (Nov 2011)
    Loo for school
    Join upp Group Rides Facebook

Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Re: Selling a Used Vehicle

Both the UVIP and ownership can be obtained today at a service ontario counter, most appear to be open till 1pm on Saturdays but closed on Sundays.

https://www.services.gov.on.ca/servi...d=17&locale=EN
    --
    Killing you and giving you good advice aren't mutually exclusive.

Take the money, sign the back of the ownership and hand it over with the UVIP.
    The last page of the UVIP package is a bill of sale, just sign it and let the seller deal with the rest.

Good luck!
    Mina

thanks guys! willdo, i just called my dad to book it to the nearest service ontario before 1pm cuz im stuck at work haha.
    09 Ninja 250 (Nov 2011)
    Loo for school

If push comes to shove and you couldn't get the UVIP, just give the buyer 20$ and he can buy it when he's transferring the ownership.
    Mina

While the UVIp is the seller's responsibility by law, actual practice varies, as the above said. its just 20 bucks, some buyers dont' mind getting it themselves.
    This post does not provide any legal advice and readers should consult with their own lawyer for legal advice.

crap my dad didnt get the UVIP -.- he asked the person at the desk and all they said he needed was the ownership xfer slip. those freaken idiots when i clearly told him to get the UVIP goddammit. anyone know the bill of sale format i have to follow or all i need to write is I Brian sell my car to Mr.Buyer the VIN on the car is blahblah and i sell it for $500 and signatures?
    09 Ninja 250 (Nov 2011)
    Loo for school

Quote Originally Posted by Bweixz View Post
    crap my dad didnt get the UVIP -.- he asked the person at the desk and all they said he needed was the ownership xfer slip. those freaken idiots when i clearly told him to get the UVIP goddammit. anyone know the bill of sale format i have to follow or all i need to write is I Brian sell my car to Mr.Buyer the VIN on the car is blahblah and i sell it for $500 and signatures?
    That will work, just add his driver's license #, address and both of your signatures.
    Mina

Quote Originally Posted by 2live&ride View Post
    That will work, just add his driver's license #, address and both of your signatures.
    Alrite will definately do! Thanks again for all the help!! =D
    09 Ninja 250 (Nov 2011)
    Loo for school

can't you get those UVIP at Service Ontario Kiosks?

ServiceOntario Kiosks - Driver, Vehicle and Carrier Abstracts and UVIP

Used Vehicle Information Package (UVIP)

Ontario’s province-wide network of driver and vehicle licensing offices are now part of ServiceOntario. These offices provide a wide range of transportation-related transactions such as renewing or replacing a driver's licence, buying a regular or personalized licence plate and transferring ownership of a vehicle.
    BUT you should hurry up...

IMPORTANT NOTICE: Services will not be available at any ServiceOntario kiosk from 3:30 p.m. on Saturday, April 14, 2012 until Sunday, April 15, 2012 at 8:00 a.m. due to scheduled maintenance. We apologize for this inconvenience. If you need more information, please call our toll-free customer service number at 1-800-267-8097.
    "I disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

01001001 00100111 01100100 00100000 01010010
    01100001 01110100 01101000 01100101 01110010
    00100000 01000010 01100101 00100000 01010010
    01101001 01100100 01101001 01101110 01100111

goddam im stuck at work till 7pm -.- im too late lmao
    09 Ninja 250 (Nov 2011)
    Loo for school