Ok, I have a bone to pick in regards to these stupid electric scooters. A buddy of mine yesterday is traveling along the left side of the curb lane, and a scooter is traveling in the same lane on the right and a little in front. Just as my buddy is getting a little speed to pass the scooter, it tries to chane lane position so it is directly in front of my buddy's Harley. He put it down to avoid killing the stupid lady, he has three independent witnesses to the accident and the police charge scooter rider with careless.

The problem now is that scooter operator doesn't have insurance, and thanks to our stupid *** government is not legally required to even have any. My buddy was deemed not at fault by the police and the cop was telling my boy just how much even e hates the stupid things. My buddy is not sure what is about to happen to his insurance with state farm or how he even tries to recoup his money from the scooter lady(small claims?) anyway if my buddy allows me I will post up pics of the damage and my buddys injuries. I was debating between this section and the rider down section to post, but I figured since my buddy's problems now focus on the legal aspect I would drop it here.

Does anyone else see a ginormous problem having uninsured user on the road with us, whether rider or cager? How are you supposed to fight when a scooter can hit your vehicle and the operator can just shrug and say " oops, sorry dude hope you don't have to take much out of your own pocket to fix that"

Should my buddy call state farm, or see if he can get his money from scooter lady first? Has anyone had anything similar happen? Any advice is greatly appreciated