Electric scooter troubles

Thread: Electric scooter troubles

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Electric scooter troubles

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyWyshbone View Post
    OK, do to put this story to an end. State Farm made my buddy pay the deductable, no rise in his rates and SF is going after the scooter operator for the costs, and the world was at peace again
    Good to hear, thats what i have been sayin the whole time but someone had to turn it into a pissing match so i had to leave it alone.Glad you buddy made the call and didn't try to eat the repairs and go after her himself.I still can't remember If I had to pay the deductible either but probably did.Been there done that and also got off scott free with insurance rates
    Last edited by matt123; 04-22-2012 at 08:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by matt123 View Post
    Good to hear, thats what i have been sayin the whole time but someone had to turn it into a pissing match so i had to leave it alone.Glad you buddy made the call and didn't try to eat the repairs and go after her himself.I still can't remember If I had to pay the deductible either but probably did.Been there done that and also got off scott free with insurance rates
    When it comes to collisions with uninsured vehicles you have to pay the deductible, so I imagine that you did too. The insurance company at least theoretically will pursue the operator of the other vehicle, then the deductible is supposed to come off the top of that recovery. In practise they figure that you can't get blood from a stone, so they don't pursue.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by matt123 View Post
    To clarify; I never spoke to what the insurance company would do, I had no idea other to say that they look at things differently than the HTA. I simply corrected points you made about the HTA, no pissing match; just trying to provide accurate information for readers.