ALERT!! ALERT!!! ALERT!! Peterson Rd.

Thread: ALERT!! ALERT!!! ALERT!! Peterson Rd.

ALERT!! ALERT!!! ALERT!! Peterson Rd.

I did Elephant Lake/Peterson Rd today. Going west to east,towards Maynooth, BEWARE!!.....just after the bridge,around the twisty part,wherew you bear left,you will go up a hill and you will see a sign that says....." Snowplow turnaround" ....SLOW DOWN NOW!!

It looks like the sand guy dumped his whole load there and you can't see it until it's too late just over the crest of the hill. But it's the municipality, the whole road all the way to Maynooth is treacherous with sand, I don't recall ever seeing it this bad. But in that spot in particular there is sand all over the road, not even any tracks to pick a line through.

Just wanted to let you know......hopefully they will clean it up soon.

( On a good note I found a really sweet road,alas completley sand covered where knobbies would have been in order, but,,,filed away for future use.)
    2002 Hayabusa
    2012 Hayabusa
    2015 Hayabusa

Re: ALERT!! ALERT!!! ALERT!! Peterson Rd.

When they re-paved that road last year, they used that crap hard gravel, so I find the road is useless now. It has tons of grooves and spaces in the pavement, so I can just imagine all that sand is going to remain there for a very long time.

" Run as fast as you can, then jump and slide on the pavement. Now think of traveling at 80 MPH and doing the same. Don't be a squid, wear proper gear. "

Re: ALERT!! ALERT!!! ALERT!! Peterson Rd.

I was there on Sunday.

There is sand outside of most of the tire track area in the area you mention. West of it, where the pavement is proper ashphalt the roads are fine but the chipseal seems to have a hard time letting the sand go. It's pretty easy to see though, at least it was heading west.

..Tom
    2006 V-Strom DL650 * 202,000 km 125,500 miles * 2012 V-Strom DL650 *
    Ride Ride Ride!

Why Cars don't see bikes (SMIDSY)

SMIDSY detailed report