2002 Suzuki TL1000R shuts down :S

Thread: 2002 Suzuki TL1000R shuts down :S

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: 2002 Suzuki TL1000R shuts down :S

Quote Originally Posted by coyo View Post
    I didn't realize that the bike did it in neutral too. That being the case, the kickstand switch is out as the culprit. Will the bike fire right back up after dieing?
    yes the bike will fireup within an instant

once the bike dies, the fuel pump will continue priming for a few sec and then stop, JUST as it would when hitting the red switch on the right when about to fireup the bike
    if speed doesnt scare you, the truck around the corner will.

2002 Suzuki TL1000R - Current
    2004 Suzuki GSXR 1000 - Stolen
    2000 Suzuki GSXR 750 - Sold
    1995 Kawasaki Ninja EX500R - Sold

^^ ive checked everything there, the connector is as good as new, no corrosion, everything is nice and clean
    if speed doesnt scare you, the truck around the corner will.

2002 Suzuki TL1000R - Current
    2004 Suzuki GSXR 1000 - Stolen
    2000 Suzuki GSXR 750 - Sold
    1995 Kawasaki Ninja EX500R - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by Hi RPM View Post
    the bike HAD a power commander on it, with slip on cans
    COULD the power commander do something? changeup the settings on the computer? and now the air/fuel mixture is messedup?!?
    I BELIEVE that the PC just changes info going into the ECU, take it out of the equation and it's all back to normal. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi RPM View Post
    im gonna try to take appart the handle bar switch, maybe something wrong there
    and ill bypass the kickstand switch/sensor too

yes the bike will fireup within an instant

once the bike dies, the fuel pump will continue priming for a few sec and then stop, JUST as it would when hitting the red switch on the right when about to fireup the bike
    That you're hearing the fuel pump prime right after it dies isn't good from a trouble shooting point of view seeing as it means that the problem has already corrected itself which will make it a hard problem to find.

I like your thought of the kill switch. If it were me I'd take it apart, bridge it, and test it... although that won't tell you if the wire running from it is itself bad. Seeing as your lights, gauges, etc... stay on when it dies then I'm thinking "no" to ignition. I believe the TOS is wired to close a circuit if activated so I don't think it would be there either.

I hate electrical. My TLS went through a period where I kept blowing the acc fuse. I carried a box of them on me for a while until I realized that the horn was grounding out on the frame, but only if the bars were at oh-so slight of an certain angle when I hit a very certain amount of a bump. A little pull on the mount and all was good again.
    Last edited by coyo; 05-08-2012 at 10:15 PM.
    2008 SuperDuke (current)
    2003 WR450F / SM (current)
    2005 DRZ400SM
    2003 XR50R (current, son's)
    1997 TL1000S
    1999 SV650S
    1985 GS750EF
    1983 GPz750
    1982 Nighthawk 650